Ch 4

When I woke up my head was banging.

My eyes opened slowly to see Kras leaning against one of the walls of the van, the snake around his neck. He looked as cool and calm as he always did as he stroked the snake.

It took me a second to realise I was human again and I slowly managed to get myself sat up.

"You really shouldn’t have done that" Kras said, not looking at me. "I could have handled it"

I made an exasperated noise. "Yeah, you had been shot and was unconscious, very clever"

"You put the snake in danger" He said seriously, looking up at me with his crazy contact lenses in.

"Oh, don’t worry about me, just make sure the snakes okay" I said, moving so I was sitting opposite to him.

"You don’t understand" He said.

"Cant you use some kind of magic to get us out of here?" I said. "I've seen you do something like that before"

"I need to know what these people want with me and when they shot me it had some kind of anti-magic stuff, I can’t do anything for at least a week"

"Oh, well, that just bloody fantastic" I said, pulling my knees up to rest my chin on them, It was freezing in the van. "So what are we going to do?"

"We see what they want" He shrugged like this happened all the time.

I gave up talking to him then. I was nice to him in the club because that was what I was supposed to do but now I'd had enough.

He was so selfish and annoying it was unbelievable, even if he was pretty hot.

"Hey, the tigers a chick" One of the men shouted and I turned to see A guy looking at us through the divider. "She's pretty fit"

I turned then, into a spider, just to shut the dick up.

He silently turned back to the other guy and whispered something.

"Aura" Kras said and put his hand out in front of me.

I ignored it and walked up the wall, looking for any way I could get out.

Nothing. Not even a crack, the place was totally tight and I couldn’t get through the divider to get out the crack in the windows.

"Aura, please come here" Kras said again but again I just ignored him, Turning back on the other side of the van.

"You’re going to were yourself out if you keep on changing" Kras said, the snake going down his arm and slithering to me.

"Why would you care anyway" I said as the snake came up my arm to go round my neck.

Kras looked at me for a second then shook his head quickly. "I just think at moments like these we need to stay together"

What if the person you’re stuck with is a total cock? i thought but nodded my head. "Fine"

He smiled and took off his long jacket thing, handing it to me. "I don’t like that we're being kidnapped and your hardly wearing any clothes"

"thanks, i guess" i said, putting on the black and white Jacket.

"Hey vamp" One of the guys called.

"I'm not a vampire" Kras said coolly.

"Whatever the fuck you are, your girlfriend cool with other guys?" The man smiled and winked at me.

I was about to say wasn’t his girlfriend but the snake tightened on my arm slightly and I took that as a sign to keep quiet.

"Touch her and I will kill you" Kras said in such a calm voice the threat sounded even creepier, even I believed him. The guy looked at Kras for a second then turned back in his seat.

I moved to sit next to Kras. "What the fuck did you do that for?"

"You want to die?" he said quietly, the snake going back onto him.

"Not particularly.”

"Then I was saving you," he shrugged, "no need to thank me."

I wanted to say hundreds of things to him but I just moved away, taking a deep breath. I was not going to let me piss me off, he wasn’t worth it.