01 - The Reunion

a/n: Welcome to another KimmonCopter/KimCop book!

=====

Ming's POV

About a week after the confession one of my friends had told me his name. It had been a long-running joke on the soccer team - Ming and his gay admirer - and I had been growing weary of it. Ready to punch the next person that brought it up, but fate would have it that it was my best friend.

"His name's Copter Panuwat, they call him Kit," Jay said that day. "And it's true. He's really in love with you."

I didn't want to know his name or anything about him. I had no interest in him whatsoever except for the fact that he had taken my harsh rejection so calmly. Somehow this had lingered.

But by the next week, I forgot all about Copter "Kit" Panuwat and his weird confession and he remained forgotten until well into the end of twelfth grade.

* * * * *

In Social Studies, leaning back on my chair and staring out the window into the field grounds, I heard my name.

"Ming? Are you listening?"

"No," I replied amidst chuckling from the class. A few heads turned eagerly in my direction and their eyes were hungry for a confrontation they could retell to their friends after class.

My teacher sighed and motioned with her hands that I stop leaning on my chair. "You're being paired with Kit for this assignment. It's outlined on the paper I just handed out."

Sure enough, when I looked down at my desk there was a paper waiting for me. The name Kit struck me as familiar, and I turned it over and over in my head obsessively as I reviewed the criteria. The project was essentially a presentation on our assigned country, but it required an essay, media, something interactive with the class, and a laminated handout outlining everything.

It was worth thirty percent of my grade.

As I stared at the page that started to weigh heavily on my shoulders Kit made his way over to my desk with a chair and textbook. When I looked up to greet him I was taken aback. I knew him, the weird guy that professed his love for me.

Fucking shit, this was going to be awkward.

But Kit was just as calm as the day he had confessed. He had a completely stoic expression as he stared back at me and then looked down at his textbook. "We're doing South Korea," he said simply, and I had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

"What?"

He looked back up at me, his eyes shining a little bit. "South Korea," he repeated in a monotonous voice. Very calm. "Our project is on South Korea."

"Oh."

I couldn't help but stare at him curiously. The day I had first met him was being recalled from the depths of my memory and played in my head over and over. I was surprised I hadn't noticed he was in my class at all. He'd changed slightly, compared to the blurry memory in my head, and his hair was a bit longer, bangs falling into his eyes a bit. But other than that he looked the same, with the calm and certain eyes he had before, never changing.

It kind of pissed me off. I was used to reading people easily. I wanted to know exactly what was going through his head.

He must have remembered the confession to me. So why was he sitting there so calmly?

I could feel my scowl starting as I stared at him intently. Just what was his game?

But before I could ask him anything he launched into project chat like a true businessman. His body language told me no personal feelings were to get in the way of the project, and I admired that. It would make things too awkward if we were to bring it up, and this was worth thirty percent of my fucking grade. I wasn't going to let the fag ruin it for me.