07 - The date (2)

a/n: Thank you for being patient. I hope this chapter will make up for the wait.

=====

Ming's POV

Minutes before Kit sat down and ruined everything, I had been on top of the world looking forward to some action like heavy breathing in the back seat of my car with my hand up that freshman's skirt carrying it all as far as I could go. Now I was sitting in a suddenly cramped booth with this freakshow, this irritating guy, this mysterious fucker who had confessed feelings for me an entire year ago. A guy I had laughed at, forgotten, threatened, bargained with. I had done everything I could have possibly done to make him hate me, and yet here he was with a content-ass look on his face eating lasagna in front of me.

How did I get into this?

For a moment, it was lost on me. Hadn't it all seemed to have dropped unexpectedly on my lap? But then I remembered, I had set this all in motion weeks ago.

It was too late now. Might as well end the night with the blowjob, forget about Kit as I did a year ago, and move on with my life. If I avoided this date, if I got up and left behind this inevitable deal, I probably would never hear the end of it.

It took me exactly five minutes to pull myself together from the shock of Kit's secret plan. I didn't realize he was that cunning or daring, so I figured I'd bring it up for conversation. "So why did you go through all that trouble? Shouldn't you hate me by now?" I said it as pleasantly as possible, offering another half-smile, but my eyes remained curious and scrutinizing.

Kit stared blankly at me as his right hand picked away at the lasagna. "Like you said,' he started after a pause. "This was my only chance with you."

I laughed before I could stop myself. "You really think you still have a chance with me?" I asked with a deplorable grin. "After this night, I'm going to forget all about you."

His face remained emotionless, but his right hand had stopped picking at the lasagna. "We'll see." he said finally, and then unlocked his eyes with mine, staring down at his plate instead.

This bothered me.

"You haven't answered the other question. Why you don't hate me by now?" I repeated. There were some things I needed to know without even fully realizing it myself.

My question tempted him to look up at me once more. His green eyes traveled my face and then shrugged. "Do you have a dog?" he asked.

"Yes." I said, assuming he had switched the topic of the conversation entirely because he wasn't ready to answer my question. But Kit rested his chin on his palm and leaned over the table slightly.

"Could you stay mad at it if it bit you?" he asked casually. Suddenly I knew exactly where he was going.

"Are you saying I'm a dog?" I asked incredulously.

He nodded, eyes lighting up a little at my defense. "So you see why I can't stay mad at you?"

I narrowed my eyes. Of course I wouldn't stay mad at my dog, but that would only prove whatever useless point Kit was trying to make. I wasn't a dog. I wasn't the one with his tongue hanging out, following after Kit as if he had a steak in his pants. Leaning back in the cushions of the booth, I crossed my arms smugly. No. I wasn't the dog here.

There was another silence that I exaggerated with a glance to my watch. I wanted this to end and Kit was eating so slowly it was like he'd never had a meal before in his life. By the looks of his skinny frame, I was sure this might be the case.

"You know, you could actually pretend to be on a date with me. Maybe I'll eat faster." He said quietly, reading my thoughts. For all his calm and emotionless efforts, Kit certainly had a few fucking guts. I couldn't deny that considering how he confessed to me, how he looked me straight in the face and countered my sick offer, how he got me to even be in this booth with him. I had to stop underestimating him or else I would permanently be taken advantage of.