09 - One condition

a/n: I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy 😊

*****

Ming's POV

The anger had turned me bitter and I was so tired of just thinking about Kit when I didn't want to do that. When I finally did see him in the halls, I completely ignored him. That wasn't anything new, as far as I could tell. Nobody really seemed to notice him because he was as bland as the walls behind him. He was a weird loser. That was it. Nothing special.

But that afternoon in the cafeteria, I noticed Kit sitting a few tables away, and he did have some friends. They were all sitting at a table near the windows. It was geek fucking city. I wished I was joking. One of them looked like he could have eaten Kit. And another had a ponytail.

Before I could even start on the next sorry loser, Kit looked up and caught my eye. His expression was blank, of course, and I sneered at him, upset that I had been caught looking when I should have been ignoring him, forgetting about him completely. Even across the room I saw him tense slightly, and I wondered why. Was he angry at me?

What the fuck did I do?

If anyone had a right to be angry, it was me. I was the one who was sexually frustrated fault. Since the date, I hadn't even tried getting action because I was so strung up on his blowjob. But maybe that's what needed to change.

My sneer faded as I slung my arm around a girl sitting next to me, staring pointedly at Kit the whole while. She was probably surprised, but she didn't protest. "We're fucking." I mouthed silently, my finger pointing at me and then her and then back to me, smug satisfaction written all over my face.

Kit didn't even bat an eyelash, but he did gather his lunch and walked purposefully out of the cafeteria and out of my mind for the time being.

"Ming?" the girl asked, indicating my arm around her.

"Yeah. Sorry."

*****

Jay had the nerve of bringing Kit up again right before the match. I was already nervous about the game, and it did nothing to help cool me down.

"What's up with you and Kid now?"

"Kit." I corrected once again through gritted teeth. He knew the name perfectly well, he was just trying to fuck with me. And it was working. I did not want to think about him. "And absolutely nothing will ever be 'up' between me and him. Ever."

I threw on my jersey and stuffed my clothes into my locker angrily, hoping he'd drop the subject by seeing that I wasn't in the mood to talk about it.

"Oh, good then." Jay said easily, lacing up his cleats.

I couldn't stop myself. "Why?"

Jay grinned, knowing he was playing me exactly like he wanted, leaning in closer so that nobody else would hear our conversation. "I might have seen him with some guy this afternoon. I wondered if he dumped you or something."

I was livid. "We didn't even date you stupid fuck." And I wanted to add that if anything, I dumped him, but soon I was caught up with the idea that Kit had moved on to some other guy's cock already. Ugh... it was stupid... didn't he say mine was 'the best'? Didn't he 'love me'?

Jay walked with me out to the field. "Whatever, calm down. I thought you'd be glad that he's moving on."

My jaw clenched. (a/n: I'm pretty sure it is not because you have a terrible toothache lol)

*****

I couldn't even be happy when we won the match.

That's right, we won. Despite how many penalties I got for aggressive play, I managed to make two of the five goals. Everyone around me was ecstatic, screaming and chanting, and I tried so hard to be happy, to join in the celebrations, but I was so angry I was almost shaking.