04 - The fight and win

a/n: Here's another update. Thank for your support 😊

=====

Ming's POV

"Ming."

I turned to who had spoken my name. Even before I had, though, I knew exactly who it was. It was like an ice-cold bucket poured over me as soon as I stared into Kit's brown eyes. What the hell was he doing? Not only were we still on school grounds, but he had actually come up to me in front of all my friends. My teeth clamped together angrily and it wasn't hard to muster up the most disgusted and frightening glare I could.

"What. Do. You. Want?" I growled from behind my gritted teeth.

But Kit wasn't afraid. Of course he wasn't. He stared boldly at me and then gazed at my friends who were now sniggering to each other, probably remembering how I'd been confessed to. Damn it they were going to start teasing me again!

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked bravely.

I gave him the most incredulous look. "No," I refused easily, mouthing "get lost" on top of it.

I should've known that he wouldn't take that for an answer.

"Then I'll just talk to you here," he informed with a smug tone. "It's about our..."

At that point my heart seized desperately in my chest and I'd have to call his bluff. There was no choice. I grabbed his arm roughly, shoving him along a corridor to the sound of jeers from my friends. It was embarrassing. Horrible. I had a reputation.

When we were far enough away I let go of his arm and shoved him as far away from me as possible. "What the fuck is your problem?" I growled angrily, watching him stumble backwards into some lockers but catch his balance.

Kit stared evenly at me. "I could ask you the same thing," he said with a dramatic rub of his arm. He made a show of inspecting it with listless eyes, and I was glad it was turning red where I had grabbed him so roughly. At least his skin had better reactions than his fucking stupid face.

My rage was almost uncontrollable and I tried to relax, closing my eyes and pressing a fist to my forehead in an attempt to call forward all of my patience. "What do you want?" I asked again, this time in a calmer voice but just as venomous as before. I couldn't help but notice Kit slide up a little closer to me.

"It's about our assignment. You haven't been to class this week, so I couldn't tell you, but Ms. Riley is expecting you do the presentation."

I was glad it wasn't anything about the date, and I felt a little foolish for believing Kit would break our confidentiality on the subject so boldly. But then I was hit with the new situation.

"What?!" I asked, the anger still clear in my voice. I had already made plans with my time for the next week.

"She's noticed you've been gone," Kit shrugged, as if it wasn't a big deal at all. "And confronted me on it in class, asking what exactly you were doing."

"What did you say?" I asked with a hard and threatening glance.

"That you were doing the presentation," Kit said simply.

"Why the fuck would you say that?" I asked, slamming my fist on a locker behind me. He was ruining everything.

Kit bristled again and crossed his arms, for once in his life unable to look me in the eye. I wouldn't blame him though. I was angry enough to scare the piss out of him. "Because I couldn't tell her you were doing the essay, or the multimedia. She's seen me doing everything in the library. I had to convince her you helped me with research outside of school. I saved you," he insisted. There was something in his voice I couldn't quite place. A type of helplessness.