15

a/n: Here's a new chapter 😊

=====

Ming's POV

"How's Kit-ty?" Jay asked brightly during Phys-Ed. We still shared the class together, but we hadn't spoken since the soccer game. I looked up from tying my shoes and gave him the finger.

"Wow, is that the one you shove in his..."

It was getting harder to keep myself in control, and I struggled to resist the urge to sock him in his fucking smarmy face. Fuck off Jay." God he had a major boner for my whole situation with Kit. You'd think he would just get over it. But he was a psycho-nobody with nothing better to do than play games and torment people.

Just like I used to. Damnit conscience, not the fucking time.

"I just wanted to congratulate the two of you. You'll make a good wife, you know." His eyes were full of mirth, like he just couldn't think of anything else in the world that would be as fun as pushing my buttons.

My whole body was suddenly on fire. I was fucking tired of it all. Malee was mad. Jay was mad. Everyone seemed to be mad, including myself. The only person who seemed to be even a little bit happy was the one person I originally wanted nothing to do with.

School couldn't fucking end fast enough.

*****

At every opportunity we fooled around.

I know. Fucked up right? I couldn't stand him, but every day after school we'd park somewhere and make out for a bit before he'd blow me. I decided I would no longer think about my resulting sexuality. For the time being I was just going to ride this wave until I became bored, which I hoped was soon. Every part of my day was becoming exhausting, and I didn't know how much longer I could keep my sanity.

Needless to say, I took out a log of my anger on Kit, but he never really seemed to care, too busy wearing a shift-eating grin about everything.

Even when he was hanging around my locker after school and Raegan Adulet came around. You may know him. In fact, I'm pretty sure every school had that one over-achieving busy-body, Raegan Adulet happens to be ours. And he's the leader of some Religion Club to boot.

"It's Christians In Action," he corrected as I shut my locker door. Same thing, they all sat in a circle and sang about Jesus.

"I don't really care," I said, indicating to Kit that we could leave any time. As he turned, I followed him, hoping to ditch Raegan without another word. But damn he was persistent. His chin went straight up as he began to follow us down the hall.

"You've been MIA for the last couple of meeting, Kit." I stared at Kit who only gave a half shrug and continued to keep walking. "And Ming, we could always use your help. With graduation coming and the party at New Suprija's house this weekend, a few reminders to our fellow students about underage drinking would..."

"Raegan," I said slowly, turning to emphasize that I wasn't shitting around "I am going to be one of the underage students drinking." Fuck, everyone in school was going to New's party. Or at least, anyone that mattered. Free booze. No parents. Who wouldn't go?

He opened his mouth to say something, but then hesitated before finally dropping the conversation and turning to leave.

"You were in the fucking Religion Club?" I asked now, seriously appalled at the information that had been brought to light.

Kit's entire body stiffened as he led the way out the double doors of the school and towards the parking lot. "I went one time!" he said, suspiciously defensive. "I didn't even think they noticed that I stopped coming."