f i v e

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

"hEY M/N-CCHI" yelled kise through the phone immediately after picking up.

"yes, hello indeed kise. now please continue your story about nearly burning your house down?" m/n was intrigued by the story and definitely wanted to know what had happened.

"uH oK SOOOooo, i was just cooking up an omelette and someone knocked on what i thought was my door- so i forgot about the omelette and ran to the door and opened the door to see no one and i heard a woman yelling 'im at the window!!' and-" kise took a deep breath, nearly laughing, "so i look at the window next to the kitchen and before i open the window this girls pointing at my omelette and im screaming because my omelettes on fire and then i grabbed the pan and the omelette fell off and it was on fire on my floor and i panicked and the girl broke my window and got inside and threw water on the omelette so the fire was gone but she was in my house and yeah..."

"she broke into your house?!" m/n was half concerned and half laughing at kises situation.

"w-well... she did save me so... i paid her back with a date, selfie and kiss on the forehead?" kise replied.

"kise, what the hell?" m/n questioned, kise staying silent on the other end, "kise? you there?"

there was a silence of a couple of seconds before m/n heard kises voice from the other line, "right yeah, i've gotta go! bye m/n-cchi!!!! have fun at karasuno!! come back to visit sometimes m/n-cchiiiiii!!!" he yelled through the phone, m/n not even saying goodbye before ending the call.

'what a crisis' m/n thought to himself, continuing to walk home.

  ●

when m/n arrived home, a loneliness came over him.

sometimes he wished he had a family that would occupy the empty space in his apartment. it was always a painful emptiness, one that had bitter sweetness looming throughout. the further down he went into his 'house', he would feel less at home. less in place. less alive. being alive was about your heart continuing to beat, but for m/n, his heart would beat but he felt dead. the darkness he felt from himself was the thing he hated the most out of the despair that lingered in his house. 

when the devil stares at you, you shouldn't stare back.

that's what m/n thought. but he just couldn't resist his own pain and suffering. his misery would eat him up and then spit him back out when it was bored, and he would run away only to be caught again. for m/n, home was the most dreadful part of being 'alive', but he had no one to tell. so he stopped caring about the desolation. he realised everything was easier when he stopped caring. it was a relief.

  ●

repeat the same routine every morning, m/n.

you can do it m/n.

you are m/n l/n.

   "hinata-kun, it's not nice to stare." m/n spoke loudly, making a bunch of first years and hinata look at him.

"s-sorry sEnpai!" hinata busted out awkwardly, making even more people stare at them.