e i g h t e e n

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

"w-wait- l/n, i can go home, i shouldn't really-" suga, as startled as he was, explained to m/n, but m/n wasn't having none of it.

"senpai, have you seen the rain out there? you'll catch a cold." m/n gave him a harsh glare, he understood that the older boy didn't want to bother m/n by staying over, but it made m/n angry that he took little consideration about his own health.

"i'll be fine, seriously, i shouldn't bother you by staying over.." suga's words were exactly what m/n didn't want to hear. m/n's eyes quickly travelled to the phone in suga's hand, which the call with his parents was still ongoing. he quickly walked over to suga and grabbed the phone out of his hand, despite his arguing against it.

"hello? i'm a friend of sugawara-senpai, is it fine if he stays the night to avoid the rain?" at this point, m/n was dancing around in his living room as suga had gotten up and was trying to snatch his phone back. he heard a woman slightly gasp on the other side, so it was suga's mother who'd called.

"o-oh, please, if it's not a bother. it'd be very nice if he could stay over, i hope he doesn't bother you much... i'm so sorry he has to stay over because he was unable to keep track of the time.." m/n could hear that she sounded very embarrassed, yet grateful for m/n's kindness. it'd been a long time since he'd heard such sincerity in someones voice, especially a parents. 

completely ignoring the fact that both him and suga were still prancing around the room as suga eagerly attempted to grab his phone back, "it's not a problem at all, i live alone so it'd be nice to have company from a loving senpai." m/n grinned at suga, actually m/n meant these words sincerely but he was sure that the playful look on his face probably made suga forget about the deepness of his words and instead the cheeky tension between the two of them. 

uh oh, m/n had made suga determined to get his phone back!

"we're very grateful that koushi has such a good kouhai... err-"

"l/n. anyways, i'd hate to continue bothering you, the two of us will definitely be fine, and unfortunately if i give suga-senpai his phone back, he'll refuse to stay over..." as wonderful as suga's parents were, they'd been dancing in a not-so-smooth pattern for too long, and if m/n wasted any more time, he wasn't so sure how well his plans would turn out.

"of course! thank you very much once again, i'll be hanging up-" m/n hung up before she could. it was oh so difficult to be polite when you were someone who came to the conclusion that they had 'personality problems' at times. 

m/n glanced behind him, he was in the spot he wanted to be at. as suga threw himself forwards to reach his phone, m/n grabbed onto suga's hand and left himself fall backwards onto his sofa. his back collided onto the empty side of the sofa as suga, who m/n totally did not pull, fell onto m/n's chest. for a couple of seconds it was quiet and m/n couldn't help but snake his hands into suga's hair. his gray locks of hair were as soft as they seemed, m/n's fingers wrapping around certain parts and slightly tugging and ruffling before changing locations. by now, m/n genuinely expected to be cursed at, but it seemed like the person who enjoyed the situation more than m/n was suga himself. m/n couldn't help it as he felt his ears heat up as suga nuzzled onto his chest, wrapping his arms around m/n. okay, m/n had to admit, it was really fucking cute, like really adorable.