t w e l v e

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

"fuck this." m/n had been avoiding the karasuno boys the whole day, and the last lesson of the day had just ended. it was time for afterschool practice. but if he went in earlier, he would seem strange, right?

so that's when he decided, he would go in fashionably late. 

  ●

m/n had no idea if this was the worst idea ever, but he was doing it any ways.

so, five minutes late is fashionable to him.

he walked into the gym, a few people noticing. the few people being daichi, suga, hinata, kageyama and tsukishima. 

"l/n-senpai!" hinata yelled, making everyone look at him. including hitoka, kiyoko and coach ukai. 

"yo." m/n threw up a peace sign. indeed this was fashionably 'late'.

"l/n, why haven't you been here properly for the last couple of days?" coach ukai asked, making m/n give a side glance to daichi.

"you haven't shown THAT to anyone else, have you daichi-senpai?" m/n asked.

"i definitely didn't. besides to suga." daichi answered.

"okay thanks. also coach lemme show you something." m/n chuckled, pulling out his phone and going to find the screenshot of the u-19 message.

coach ukai walked over to m/n, m/n showing him the image. ukai's eyes widened as he blinked to make sure he was seeing correctly.

"y-y-yOU'RE APART OF THE U-19 TEAM?!?!?!?!?!" he yelled, now everyone knew the 'secret'. 

"it'd be more surprising if i wasn't..." m/n laughed.

m/n heard yamaguchi mumbled a quiet, "true". he winked at yamaguchi who looked away immediately, blushing.

'tadashi's such a cutie.' m/n thought to himself.

"daichi-senpai, can i talk to you outside really quickly? everyone else can go back to doing their thing." m/n smiled in a princely manner, but daichi wasn't falling for it.

"yeah, sure." daichi responded, both of them stepping outside, closing the door after them.

"so? what do you want?" daichi asked, stern.

"well...," m/n paused, looking off the side, slightly embarrassed and unsure of how to apologise. he looked at daichi who seemed to have softened up after seeing him conflicted, "i, uh, wanted to, y'know... apologise about my... behaviour."  at this point, daichi didn't know what to do. all this time he had thought m/n was the worst guy who didn't give a crap about anyone else and he randomly apologies for being an ass. m/n knew this would be a confusing situation for daichi.

daichi opened his mouth but m/n continued talking, "i've realised i've got really bad personality problems..." m/n laughed.

"we all know you have personality problems. we've seen the way you play, but we've also seen you at your kindest, helping and praising hinata. so, what i'm trying to say is, we know you, so things like yesterday, we get over them." daichi looked m/n in the eyes.