n i n e

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

m/n stared at the lit screen of his phone, almost burning a hole into the spot where it showed him that he had received a message from hinata. he sighed heavily before tapping onto the notification, it going onto his messaging app immediately.

  ●  

hinata
15:28, read

sorry for bothering you...

i guess you're still practising, so i'll ask :D

you know earlier at shiratorizawa...

why were you there with ushijima-san?

you can reply later!! :DDD

you
20:13, sent

hey hinata, sorry for the late reply sunshine. 
anyways i had special practice with shiratorizawa
and ushijima because of something i'm taking
part in! don't worry, no special attacks will be
spoken about, i'm still on your side and will help
you 
beat the heck out of ushijima.
if you see this before 
you sleep,
 then good night sunshine.

  ●

m/n smiled to himself as he tapped sent and quickly put his phone into his pocket, staring out of the window opposite him. bored of the view he'd seen many times before, he closed his eyes. a peaceful calm settling over him, pulling him towards a drowsy state. however m/n pushed himself out of it as he heard the name of his stop be announced by the train tannoy.

   ●

'ding!'

m/n, already awake and walking to school, pulled out his phone from his trouser pocket. it was a reply from hinata to last night. m/n chuckled as he realised hinata slept very early, almost like a small child.

hinata
07:32, read

ahh! that makes sense :)

kageyama did say it could be something

like that... but i didn't trust him cuz
kageyama isn't that smart :P

m/n didn't replied as he couldn't be bothered to. he continued to walk to school.

  ●

the end of school bell rang and m/n's teacher dismissed the class. m/n like any other normal day, slung his bag over his back and left the classroom, strolling casually towards the volleyball boys club changing room. okay, maybe all the other times he had walked incredibly fast to the club room, and just maybe his pace of walking was different, but he had a totally logical reasoning for that.

as much as he loved the club and would do anything to be there on time and never be late, the karasuno boys were all incredibly slow changers. they would get distracted every two seconds and stop changing, or wear someone else's clothes and then come back complaining with the other person confused and looking for their clothes until they would realise and slowly, in a state of embarrassment, change the mistakes.

in conclusion, he decided being early wasn't necessary as karasuno boys volleyball club all had slow people changers and everyone was atleast some percent dork.