s e v e n t e e n

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

a/n: thank y'all so much for 100k reads, ngl i had a whole heart attack reading that number so maybe it's time for me to do smth special?

if y'all have anything i should do as a special one off go ahead and request, but y'all don't have to ;)

that night, m/n fell asleep on the sofa. so when he woke up later at 3.21pm, he woke up almost as tired as he'd fallen asleep. actually, he was surprised his stress had knocked him out for over half a day. this meant, in a couple of minutes, school would be over and club would start, he sighed to himself.  him sleeping in meant he had an unauthorised absence at school, his hand immediately trailing towards the coffee table where he'd placed his phone, even if it was late, he'd still have to call in before they'd be the ones calling. 

the table began to vibrate, and m/n sighed. just as he was about to grab his phone, the school ended up calling him. he threw his free arm over his forehead before picking up the phone.

"l/n?" it wasn't the voice he'd expected. quite honestly, m/n expected it to be the rather angry woman who accused him of not being a new student, but it wasn't. 

"l/n? it's takeda-sensei, the volleyball clubs faculty advisor, i just wanted to call in to make sure your alright, take it easy, the boys wouldn't want you to stress." his voice was smooth and peaceful, a lot less rough than coach ukai's, it was pleasant to listen to.

"cool, thanks sensei. just tell 'em i'm not attending today, i'll be there tomorrow though." m/n could only sigh, he'd totally forgotten about the karasuno boys. a pang of guilt hit him hard, he felt terrible not contacting any of the boys about his situation.

"oh, l/n, i'm also contacting you for the reason of your absence, of course understandably it's probably regarding yesterday-" takeda-sensei liked to ramble, m/n found out.

"well, you can say that. all i'll say is i was out having fun while clearing my head." m/n could only grin to himself, remembering the night he'd spent with oikawa. seriously, the boy was a miracle when m/n had to clear his mind, and he'd only now found out.

"e-eh..? i'm sorry l/n! i'm bothering you so much, but i just wanted to let you know that the teaching body are working super hard so people don't talk about you-know-what in school, so please rest assured when you come in tomorrow!" that was pleasant news, but m/n didn't really know if it bothered him anymore. 

"if it's too much work, don't bother. it doesn't really bother me that much anymore anyways." m/n just wanted the call to be over, as nice as takeda-sensei's voice was. he'd woken up literally moments ago, incredibly groggy and the longer he was awake, the more icky he felt in his skin, meaning he needed to shower. there was also his stomach which he hadn't fed in hours.

"i see.. thank you for your time, l/n, i'll be sure to mark your absence. please rest easy and come in healthy for your exams. i'll hang up now!" finally, it was over. his arm which he rested on his forehead he moved to ruffle his hair, his h/c locks shuffling around. he quickly sat up, staring at his phone before looking at his now grumbling stomach. how long had it been since he'd last eaten, he had no idea. 

p i z z a.

that was a good idea.

if he ordered pizza, and told them to bring it to him around 5pm, it'd give him time to relax in the shower, and also get out in time. genius, sometimes m/n was a pure genius. raising a fist to himself before quietly cheering, he pulled up the phone number of his favourite pizza place and gave them a ring, placing his order.