t e n

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

after studying, the second year boys had dispersed and went their own ways home.

m/n returned to his home. somehow, the more he stayed with karasuno, the less he despised it there. so he slept peacefully.

  ● 

 "class dismissed." the lesson had ended and m/n had gone to change in the volleyball changing room with his teammates. no one gave him the usual cold glare, meaning they were starting to warm up to m/n. though as always, m/n changed first with suga and daichi, heading to the gym first.

  ●  

"hey, do you have a moment?" kiyoko called out, a familiar blonde glitching out from behind her.

'hitoka?' m/n thought to himself.

"so you found a new person!!" hinata exclaimed, fists raised up.

people circled kiyoko and hitoka, bombarding the older with many questions about the situation. m/n decided to walk into the semi circle, watching hitoka shake in anxiety.

"um, she's joining the club on a trial basis as the new manager..." kiyoko turned to hitoka.

"i-i'm yachi hitoka!" she loudly stuttered, trying to fight off her fears. her face was burning up.

"seriously? that's awesome." suga complimented kiyoko.

"nice job, shimizu-senpai!" hinata added in.

m/n couldn't help but chuckle quietly at hitoka's state. it seemed she hadn't seen him yet.

"you're a first year?" asahi asked, leaning down to be hitoka's height.

'oh gosh, she's going to get so freaked out...' m/n laughed internally.

hitoka screeched before yelling, "i'm in class 1-5, sir!"

"asahi, back up a bit." daichi said, becoming her new prince charming.

m/n watched as hitoka's eyes travelled over to suga and the two goofs behind him. when suga realised, he smacked them in the face, telling them to stop. that was when m/n laughed out loud, hitoka hearing the familiar noise and looking at him with a shocked face but not speaking to him.

"thank goodness. now there'll be a manager next year, too." asahi put a hand on his hip, relieved.

"yes!" hinata yelled in response.

hitoka waved her arms around momentarily before kiyoko chirped in, "sh-she hasn't actually joined yet. i asked her suddenly today, and before work with the membership committee, so she's just dropping in to say hi today." she explained.

"it's a pleasure to meet you!" hitoka bowed.

"same!" the boys, besides m/n, all bowed. m/n saw the boys all bow to hitoka from the back, and smiled. hitoka was a nervous person most of the time, plus she could never really get interested in something, she'd always lose interest within the first week or two. but if hitoka felt the same thing from karasuno that m/n felt, maybe she would stick around and have finally found what she'll enjoy to do.

"could you not surround her until she's more comfortable?" kiyoko put her hands up in defence.

the boys straightened their backs up and stared at her leave awkwardly.

before hitoka closed the doors, she poked her head through the little hole and spoke, "s-sorry for the intrusion." and slid the door closed.

m/n sighed, knowing he should follow her out, so before anyone could speak, he excused himself out.

"sorry, i'll go and talk to hitoka, you guys must've scared her." m/n laughed, making everyone confused at the first name 'hitoka.'

"hitoka? l/n yoU SLY DOG!" tanaka yelled, making m/n fake gasp.

"a sly dog? me? for who? my own cousin? no thanks." m/n winked as he left, hearing the boys screaming in the inside.

  ●

right as m/n opened the door, his eyes met with coach ukai's. they stared at each other for a couple of seconds, clearly in shock from how close they were that they could practically feel the others breath.

"have you seen a blonde girl around here, coach?" m/n slowly said, totally out of character. though as he saw coach ukai step back nervously, he regained his composure and character and smirked.

"so, coach, have you seen a girl with blonde hair?" m/n asked.

"y-yeah... she went through the doors, why?" he questioned.

"she might be the new manager, but she's also my cousin, plus the boys kinda freaked her out... so i've gotta check up on her." m/n smiled, waving and running past him through the doors to find hitoka.

  ●

"hitoka, stop walking away." m/n ordered but she wouldn't listen.

"you should've told me you were playing volleyball in japan again!" she yelled back.

"it's not much different from me playing in america, so i thought i wouldn't have to!" m/n sighed, still walking behind her.

"but this is in japan, m/n! japan! we both know what happened!" hitoka had turned around to yell at m/n who had already turned around and was walking towards the door that lead to the gym.

"nothing happened in japan." m/n looked at hitoka before opening the door and entering the gym, leaving hitoka to just yell his name behind him.

  ●

"i'm finishing early." m/n mumbled as he walked past daichi to grab his water bottle and towel.

"h-hey... wait why?!" daichi questioned him but m/n kept walking.

"cause i want to, you got a problem?" m/n replied with attitude, somewhat loudly. the other members and coach had also ended up watching m/n and daichi.

"yeah, i've got a problem. you can't ditch practice again." daichi replied, his captain mode activated.

"what a shame, i don't care." m/n turned around and smirked at daichi's surprised expression. 

everyone stayed quiet as they wanted m/n walk towards the door. due to the silence of the gym, his footsteps echoed and the door closed with a bang. 

  ●

'i screwed up, i guess...? hopefully i won't be such an ass tomorrow and i can apologise.' m/n thought the moment he exited the gym. a part of him felt empty. he knew he messed up, but he had no idea what to do. just as they were starting to think he was a nice guy, he ruined everything for himself with all of them just because of his big mouth and explosive sass. he hated himself sometimes.

but all he could do was to take change, take his stuff, and leave to go to class.