s e v e n

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

"wait seriously?! you'll pay for me too?! then yeah sure i'll come!" m/n put emphasis onto me, thinking about how distant daichi had been to him.

"yeah, i did say i'm paying so come on." daichi urged m/n, m/n gladly getting up and following daichi.

"ooh! l/n-senpai is coming with us?!" hinata excitedly yelled. m/n smirked at him, making him quieten down with a red tone spreading over his face.

"yep! the ever-so-kind daichi-senpai has invited me along!" m/n laughed like a villain, making hinata laugh with him while the rest of the team, excluding nishinoya, gave them fed up stares.

the team begun to walk towards the exit of the school, everyone  chatting to each other and their close friends in the team. however this meant m/n was by himself. the third years had bundled together, along with the second and first years doing the same. m/n wasn't particularly close to the second years, so he decided to not pop out of the dark on them.

"m/n-senpai?"yamaguchi said m/n's name, it coming out as a question.

"whats up, tadashi?" m/n laughed as yamaguchi's face turned red and he begun looking down. it was so easy to fluster the freckled boy.

"why don't you join anyone...?" yamaguchi asked.

"i didn't feel like it." m/n smirked, "but now i do, so bye tadashi!"

m/n  walked towards the second years, appearing next to ennoshita.

"hey. ennoshita, right? you've got a cute name, chikara." m/n flirted obviously.

"hEy bAcK oFf l/N" tanaka yelled, circling in a fighting stance aggressively.

"huh? all i did was compliment his cute name." m/n turned to look at ennoshita, saying the last part in a seductive tone.

"t-thanks... l/n." ennoshita sighed, flustered.

"you're welcome, chikara." m/n blurted, ennoshita clearly surprised. if he had been offended he would've taken the privilege of his given name being said by m/n, but he wasn't, and he was actually more gleeful than insulted, so he let m/n do his thing.

m/n continued walking with the second years, making obvious flirtatious remarks towards ennoshita, while tanaka defended him. nishinoya later joined tanaka at defending ennoshita from the 'lustful beast of the night' as called by tanaka. narita and kinoshita had decided to have their own conversation, leaving the four to be in their own world.

  ●  

as they arrived at the convenience store, daichi had ordered the team to stay outside and not make noise as he ordered the buns.

the team only managed to keep quiet and after being given the buns, begun yelling in joy until the coach, ukai from inside the convenience store shouted at them and they begun going their own ways towards their homes.

  ● 

for m/n it had been a while since he'd had a pork bun. they didn't have them in america unless it'd be bad, cold ones from japanese stores run by, obviously, japanese people who lived in america and were use to cold, bland food.

his mother and father use to buy him pork buns after each match he had, but they were nowhere near for that to happen any more. 

all of the things m/n did with karasuno meant a lot to him, because they were the people who brought him out of a state of dilemma. he had looked at all groups across the globe and karasuno were the ones who woke him up. so he would do the world for them, even if he was the sole villain. 

 ● 

m/n returned home. the same, dreadful loneliness looming over him. but somehow for once, it felt more subtle, less aggressive. as if it had only licked him and not chewed him up. for the first time ever, m/n felt some sort of peace in his sadness.

he slept away in peace.

and woke up in the same peace.

performed his daily routine in the same peace.

that peace was eye-opening for him.

  'here i come, karasuno's volleyball club' 

● 

(shorter than usual, my usuals are over 1200 words but this is only around 750. this is because the next chapter will be in season 2 episode 1, and i didn't wann add that in randomly after what i wrote about m/n above. if you're confused about when this is set, it's set after season 1 where they lost to seijoh. m/n's transfer is basically the period of time before season 2 that we don't know about!)