e i g h t

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

[hi, quick update on me, as the author. i haven't updated this cause i had mock exams coming up so i crammed in revision, thats that. also if u like bnha i have another fanfic]

  ●  

the view from the top. magnificent. perfect, almost. from the glistening colours to the expressions of the opposing teams members, everything was a part of the view from the top. the top was perfect. perfect for someone like m/n. someone who had everything, never. but sometimes winners become losers. and fall from the top. and don't deserve to be at the top. but still are at the top.

that's m/n.

lost everything he had that made him worthy of the top. now hes at the bottom but lives at the top. 

to be accepted, loved, and worthy are concepts he knew off, but had no relation to. for him, the hope was at the bottom of the hierarchy. the bottom where he had never had the chance to be. and sometimes, the bottom seemed like the better place to be.

because, people at the top are savage animals, tearing anything in their way up. 

and once a upon a time, he had been the same.

  ●

 m/n had received a few members contact details a few days earlier. specifically, he had asked for everyones, but not everyone agreed to. somehow even daichi and suga had handed over their phone numbers to m/n who they partially did not trust. 

m/n after school had ended, grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder and walked out the school, completely avoiding the gym in case a member of the volleyball club would see him. as he got walked out the school gates, he took out his phone, finding daichi's contact and sending him a message saying 'i won't be at club today. sorry, no reason. :)' which was somewhat a lie as he did have a reason, but he wasn't bothered to explain to the club.

he brushed off his lie and walked to the closest train station to take him to his meet up spot with the person he'd meant to meet today.

  ●

m/n stepped out the train, onto the new station he had arrived at. knowing exactly where he was meant to go, he began walking, admiring the scenery around him as he strolled through multiple streets.

and as he got to where he was meant to be, he looked up, a massive school, compared to his own. massive kanji letters spelling 'SHIRATORIZAWA'.

"you're...." m/n started saying to tall brunette behind him, but got distracted by two familiar people following behind him, "late...?"

"i know. let's go." ushijima continued jogging to the changing rooms, m/n immediately snapping his head back to hinata and kageyama who seemed to have disappeared out of sight.

"oh god... we lost them." m/n sighed as he continued walking with ushijima.

"they'll find the way." ushijima replied as they arrived at the changing room.