19

"How... do... you... know... if... you... love... a... guy...." I whispered as I typed the words into my computer. I hit enter and sighed in consternation.

"One billion, nine hundred million results listed. Great. Just Great." I muttered as I scanned some of the sites. I clicked on one. Pictures of a girl shyly looking at a boy popped up on my screen. I sighed. I tried typing in a few more variations, but they all came up with the same sort of thing.

"No, I don't want to know if I am gay or not. That wasn't the question. Does this stupid ass boy like the other boy like that." I railed at the machine. I gave up and just took a few of the girl version quizzes, trying to ignore all the 'she' and 'girlfriend' mentions in it.

"Nine steps to tell if you are in love." I read through and alarms were going off in my brain. I clicked on another.

"Ten ways to tell if you are friend-zoned." I read through and actually blushed at a few things. Whoops. I was so guilty of that. It seemed like I couldn't stop sighing.

"Five steps on how to snag the man of your dreams. Sure why not." I clicked on it and it actually wasn't that bad. I mean, I would probably be okay with all this. Maybe I should sleep on it. One thing was becoming very clear to me though... My relationship had somehow ended up falling over the lines that they said were carefully drawn on a friendship.

My eyes fluttered shut and my mind drifted off.

"Bradley? What are you doing?" I looked up at the curious gaze of my best friend. He stood really close to me, leaning over and staring into my eyes.

"I'm trying to fix this car. See, the alternator is busted." I pointed inside the engine compartment and he gave me a funny look.

"Why are you trying to fix this car? It is dead. Just get a new one." He said with a serious look. I cringed.

"No, no I can't do that. It is a good car. I don't want to get a new one." I insisted as I leaned into the engine with my tool. "Here, help me get the belt off so I can fix it."

"The battery is probably dead. There is no gas. Just give up Bradley. Get a new car. Everyone else are getting new cars." Nate leaned back and crossed his arms. I shook my head and pried at the old car beneath me. I felt such a surge of determination. I knew I could get this car back on the road.

"I have to fix it...." I mumbled as I worked on the bolts. Sweat trickled down my brow and I swiped it away with one hand.

"Where will you even go if you fix it? Huh? It is useless. If you aren't going anywhere then what do you need a car for?" He argued with me. I gasped at a tight bolt and put all my weight behind it as I tried to get it off.

"I am going somewhere! You don't understand. I have to fix this car." I felt my eyes tearing up as I looked up at my friend. His face was annoyed and his tone had been so cold. My hand shook as I wiped another swath of sweat from my forehead.

"You? Going somewhere? With who?" He challenged me. I gaped for a second, then the tears came down.

"You!"

I gasped as my body lurched up off the bed. I felt my laptop slide across the sheets and lunged as it tumbled down off the side. I caught it moments from it hitting the floor and held my breath in panic. I carefully brought it back up and sat it on my side table instead of the covers. My heart was beating frantically and I couldn't tell if it was because of my laptop nearly falling... or my dream.

I scratched my head and looked down at my notebook full of notes. I think... I think....

There's a boy I know, he's the one I dream of
Looks into my eyes, takes me to the clouds above
Ooh I lose control, can't seem to get enough
When I wake from dreaming, tell me is it really love ? ~Whitney Houston

A/N Sorry it is so short... 
 o(╥﹏╥)