30

"Any of them. Whichever one is the best. No wait, whichever is your favourite. That is more important." I replied with a smile. Nathan was frowning a little at me.

"But... Don't you want me to stay?" He asked hesitantly. He was pouting. Oh god it was so cute to see him pouting. I melted internally.

"Of course I want you to stay. It just isn't realistic of me to ask you to do that. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I really want what's best for you. So... even if you decide to go overseas... I am not breaking up with you. I can just wait for you, alright?" I looked up at him earnestly, biting my lip as I waited for him to respond.

"You'd do that? You'd really wait for me?" He asked quietly. I nodded and hugged him close.

"Yes. I'll wait for you. As long as it takes." I told him firmly. He patted my hair like he thought I was going to disappear.

"I'm dreaming right?" He murmured to himself. I laughed at him and shook my head.

"No. You aren't dreaming. It's only fair, isn't it?" I rested my chin on his chest to look up with a mischievous look.

"What?" He was in a daze.

"You waited all that time for me to wake up. It is only fair if I wait for you to finish your schooling. Actually, does that mean I am Sleeping Beauty and not Cinderella?" I pretended to think hard about it. Nathan tossed me over his shoulder and stormed over to the big slide on the other side. I was laughing at him as he placed me down finally on the top of the tower.

"Alas, fair maiden, I must leave you for a time... will you grant me a kiss?" He joked dramatically. I snorted and grabbed his lapels to drag him forward. I kissed him hard and then pulled back. I pretended to fling my hair like a girl.

"Humph, pity that's all you want. I was going to give you my virginity." I gave him a smirk and then sat down on the big plastic mouth at the top to slide down. His mouth worked for a moment without sounds, then he moved forward to chase me. I laughed and pushed myself down the slide.

"Well, if you are going to offer... I won't say no!" He called out a little desperately from the top of the slide. I nearly fell over in mirth as I got up from the bottom of the slide.

"Ahahaha! You sleaze. Come on then. What are you waiting for?" I heard him slide down the slide clumsily. He nearly toppled me over at the bottom and I giggled as I now gave him something to chase after. I let him catch me halfway to the entrance.

"Are you sure Brad? I mean, we don't have to." He was panting a little from running around and I thought it was really sexy.

"I'm sure. You want to come back to mine? Lizard is gone for the night. You know my parents are cool." I tilted my head at him. He looked nervous but nodded his head. I grabbed his hand and we made our way in awkward silence back to my house. We walked pretty fast compared to how we left the first time, and I trembled a little as I unlocked the front door to let us in.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Nate whispered to me in my ear as we shucked off our shoes. I hung our spring jackets in the closet and pulled him into the kitchen. I handed him a can of juice from the fridge, stalling for a moment. We drank our drinks in silence, glancing at the clock on the stove that read quarter after one in the morning.

"You want to?" I asked him seriously, biting my lips in nervousness. I felt his arms come around me and hug me gently.

"All the time. I can wait though." He told me frankly. I shook my head and pulled him down for a kiss.

"I can't. Let's go." I pulled him out of the kitchen. We both knew what steps creaked. I watched for light and listened for movement down the hall, but it was all quiet. All clear. I was pulled backwards into my room and Nate's lips trailed down across my neck and shoulder. I gulped.