25

"Happy New Year!" Everyone else shouted, blew obnoxious horns, and began kissing those next to them. Nathan leaned down and captured my lips. I was still grinning and he used that to slyly slip his tongue into my mouth for a French-kiss. Not that I was complaining at all. It was absolutely fantastic.

I felt his hand tangle into my hair and I tilted my head a bit so I could sneak a breath in while he kissed me. The boy really was exploring my mouth with tongue and I could taste a strange combination of bacon and chocolate on him from the snacks in the dining room. I decided at that moment it was now my favourite.

I felt his hand snake around my waist and pull me against his body. Others had music playing and were swaying gently to it in the room. His kissing had backed off to nipping at my lips and nuzzling my face tenderly. My head was dizzy from reduced oxygen, but my grin had never left my face.

I let my head drop onto his strong shoulder and felt his rest against mine. He tilted us back and forth in a rocking dance step as we snuggled. I closed my eyes and breathed in the scent of his cologne. I felt more calm and content than I had for months. I had no idea how much I missed touching him, hugging him, until that night. Now I didn't want to let go.

"Aw, aren't you two just the cutest." I heard a feminine voice say. Nate chuckled under my ear and I swear I shivered from the feel of the rumble.

"Same to you, brat. Looks like you worked up the courage to ask?" He commented. Now I was curious. I raised my head to see who it was he was talking to. My eyes widened as I took in Shanta dancing with a cute little brunette girl. Wait, that was a girl.

"Yep, she came over for our Christmas party just after school let out. I managed to get it out boxing day when we all went shopping. Melody, I want you to meet my GBF Nathan. Guys, this is my girlfriend Melody." She was smiling down at the blushing girl who was swaying in her arms.

"Pleased to meet you Melody." He said without offering a handshake.

"Hi. Nice to meet you." I muttered. She waved an arm at us but Shanta spun her around. They both laughed.

"So what about you?" She asked, staring at me.

"Oh he just asked me tonight, but I kissed him first." I piped up. Nathan gave me a fake glare as Shanta laughed at him.

"That's great Brad. I'm happy you two worked things out. Are you going to hang out with us at lunch now?" She inquired thoughtfully.

"I don't know. Maybe." I replied while looking up at Nathan. He smiled gently.

"We haven't talked about it yet." He rumbled back. "What about you Melody?"

"Oh, I don't go to your school. Sorry." She said in a soft voice that barely carried over the music.

"Eh? Too bad. Will we see you on weekends sometime then?" I asked expectantly. Nathan looked a little surprised, but happy, and I knew I said the right thing. For once.

"Sure! We can double date. I wanted to take you to my family's restaurant." Melody turned back to Shanta with a big smile.

"Okay, I would like that. We can have a gay double date." She grinned at her.

"What kind of restaurant do you have, Melody?" I was suddenly worried. I wasn't exactly picky about my food, but I knew Nate was fussier than I was. He saw my concerned look at him and snuggled into my neck.

"Aw, are you worried about me?" He whispered in my ear. I shivered and teased him back by kissing his neck. Ha. So there. Two can play that game.

"It's the Mediterranean buffet on Walker Street." She told us. I sighed in relief and Nate shivered. I blinked in realisation. Oh ho. I grinned like the mischievous boy I was. I was so going to mark that in my memory banks. My dearest boyfriend got a little squirmy when I breathed in his ear, huh? That was kind of sexy.