27

Midterms were in the bag. I didn't ace them like Nathan did, but I was passing. It was good for me honestly, considering how much distractions were going on around me at the time. Between the new relationship with Nathan, struggling with homework, staying in sports, AND going to work part time... I was exhausted.

I came down with a cold of course. I felt like a walking booger. It sucked that I couldn't kiss Nathan. I really missed climbing onto his lap while he blushed like crazy and laying one on him. I even had to skip a few practises because I couldn't breathe out of my nose and my cough made my chest hurt. Mom made me homemade soup though.

Nathan came over to help me with my homework because I said I was having trouble concentrating with the headaches I got. Afterwards he bundled me up in my comforter and cuddled with me while watching old cartoons on my laptop. I fell asleep like that at some point.

The road was passing by in a blur and my hands were on the wheel. I looked around me frantically, but I was alone. That didn't seem right. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw Nathan. I blinked. My foot slammed on the brakes and I made a three-point turn in the road while the dust flew about me.

I smiled and hit the gas, going back the way I came. I couldn't see him. Where was he? I know I saw him. The road looked empty. I growled in frustration and slammed my hands on the wheel. Then I saw it again. Nathan in the rear view mirror.

"What the fuck?" I whispered. I stopped the car and stared in the mirror. He was smiling at me. I turned my head to look out the back window but he wasn't there. I was so confused. I turned back around and jumped when I saw him in the seat next to me.

"Slow down there, tiger. I am right here." Nathan said with his heart-stopping grin.

"B-b-but you..." I stuttered and pointed behind me, then back at the mirror. He shook his head at me.

"Silly. I've been right here the whole time." He whispered as he leaned forward to kiss me. I sighed and relaxed in the seat, pulling him closer.

"I thought..." I sighed into him. He was stroking my hair and I climbed over the center console to sit in his lap.

"Hush now. No need to chase shadows. Let's just watch the sunrise together." He held me close and we stared out the window as the sky became painted in reds and golds. I could feel his warmth, smell his fresh scent, and the sound of his heartbeats calmed me.

"Red sky in morning, sailors take warning." I murmured softly. I looked into his calm face and smiled gently.

"It's okay. Without rain then nothing would grow. We can weather it together. Right Bradley?" He cocked his head to the side and I nodded.

"Right." I pressed my forehead to his and closed my eyes. My breathing evened out. My head was sore, like I was pushing too hard. I felt it throb and moaned uncomfortably. Then my nose tickled and I remembered about my cold. Suddenly I sneezed.

My eyes popped open and I looked around the dark room groggily. Someone had moved my laptop aside and shut off my light. I could still feel a warm body pressed against mine though. I looked over my shoulder and saw Nathan still snuggled up as my big spoon against my back. I could feel his breath on my neck and his heartbeat against my back.

"Go back to sleep babe." His deep voice glided over me like a warm hug and I relaxed back on the bed. I hummed a little so he knew I heard him.

"G'night." I mumbled into my pillow.

"Goodnight."He replied. I almost didn't want to go back to sleep. It was so nice to bewrapped up in his arms. So soothing. For the first time since I had heard abouthis university choices, I actually wasn't worried for the future. He was herewith me now, and that was all that mattered.