~She's miserable Luke~ (5x14)

~Author's Note~

In, "Season 5, Episode 14: Say Something", Rory goes to Stars Hollow to comfort Lorelai after Luke breaks up with Lorelai. And then when she does go to Doose's Market, after she gets up from Doose's Market. Someone honks, Rory jumps up and bolts out of the roof window of the limo. She then sees Luke, and they awkwardly had a moment together. What if after that scene she goes into the diner to talk to Luke.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(No one's POV)

Rory and Luke stares at each other for about a minute, and then Rory hightails it back down into the limo, and into her seat. Lane can see the look on Rory's face.

"Rory, you okay"? She asked, concerned. She had seen the look that was Rory's face. Rory looked like she had seen a ghost. 

Rory didn't answer. "Rory, Rory", Lane tried again.

Rory suddenly came out of her trance, and look at her. She had been shocked about what she saw. It was awkward with Luke, even talking about him, after the whole thing that happened with Luke and Christopher at Emily and Richard's vow renewal, getting into a fight about Lorelai.

"Yeah, I'm fine". Rory said, hoping that Lane would let it go, and not ask about what happened.

Lane was not so convinced, stares at her and says, "Rory, I have been friends with you long enough to know when something is wrong. Now what's going on, what's wrong"?

Rory, at the first didn't want to tell Lane about what had happened, but she and Lane had always told each other everything, and said, "I saw Luke in his truck", Rory said.

Lane looked at her funny, and wondered why she said that, in that way. "Well, that's nothing knew. Everybody knows that Luke drives a truck, so why should you be shocked about that? Rory straightened up, turned to look at her.

"Okay, I'll tell you"? Lane sat there in silence while Rory told about what happened at Emily and Richard's vow renewal, and what went down between Luke and Christopher. Lane stayed silent until Rory was done, and she said, "Oh, Rory, I'm so sorry. Now what are you going to do"?

Rory just looks at her in shock. She didn't know what she was going to do. "Lane, I don't know what I'm going to do".

Suddenly Lane looks up and stares at her, with a interesting look on her face, and said, "Why didn't you just go into the diner and talk to him. Tell him what you have just told me".

Rory looks at her like she was crazy, "Lane are you serious. I can't it's so embarrassing. What just happened just really made me really uncomfortable, and it was very awkward.

Lane reached and touches Rory's arm, "Rory if something happened, you are never going to be able to go into Luke's, not even able to get a cup of coffee without it becoming awkward for you. All you have to go over there, and just rip of the bandage.

Even though she didn't say anything, she knew deep down that Lane was right. She just had to suck it up and go into Luke's, and just talk to him.

"Okay, I'm going in". Rory said, then she opened the door of the limo, and walked straight into Luke's diner. She walked very fast, if she had walked any slower then she would've probably not have made it inside.

As soon as Rory made it in she went straight to the counter and ordered a large cup of coffee and a hamburger. Then she made eye contact with Luke, who had just came into the diner.

"Hi, uh, Rory", he said, very awkwardly. He walked over to her and gave her a hug. Now it was Rory's turn to talk. "Uh Luke, I need to talk to you about something. You think that we can go somewhere privately, probably, maybe upstairs, in your apartment", she said, just has awkward.

Luke looked at her, he was very confused. Rory never had asked to go upstairs to his apartment, plus to have asked to talk to him. "Yeah, sure".

Rory and Luke went up to Luke's apartment, which was above the diner, Rory bringing her coffee cup with her. As soon as they were both in Luke's apartment, they both sit down awkwardly. After a few moments Luke was the first one to say something, "so Rory how's your mom doing"? He asked, he probably knew how she was doing, but he thought that was the nice thing to do.

Rory, who has been holding her coffee mug up to this moment set it down on Luke's coffee table and looked at him and said, "Well she's miserable Luke".

Luke nodded at her. 

"What happened? Well I do know what happened, my dad, Christopher, that is what happened. Just to let you know Luke I did ask Chris not to come around anymore, so your relationship with her would stay intact, but of course he didn't listen. Go back to her, Luke. She loves you".

 "I know that she loves me. I love her too, but with all of the drama that goes along with your family, with Chris and your grandparents, it's to much for me to handle. I don't know how to handle it".

Rory nodded her hand. She knew about what Luke was coming from. She sometimes didn't know how to do with all the drama that comes with being a member of the Gilmore family.

"I know Luke, but me and mom have not talked to Christopher since it happened, and we have stopped contact with them and we have cut ties with grandma and grandpa, well with Emily we have. As far as we know Grandpa had nothing to do with that".

"Rory, I appreciate that, but Christopher is your father, he will always be a part of your life".

"Luke, just because he's my Dad, biologically, doesn't mean that emotionally and physically he is my Dad, you are the closest thing I have to a Dad. She being with you made her very happy, happiest that she ever been".

Luke looked at Rory flabbergasted. That was the first time that Rory had ever called him that. He didn't know that Rory viewed him in that way. He did though treat Rory like he would his own daughter. It warmed his heart that she felt the same way, about him. 

After a couple minutes of talking together. Rory looks at him, and said, "Look, Luke I know that what happened at the vow renewal was bad, but I think that she didn't know that Grandma invited Christopher to the renewal, and she didn't know that he was going to be there. She didn't want him to be there, now I must go", and with that Rory stood up, took her coffee mug with her and opened the door went down to the diner and went into the limo with Lane. Leaving Luke in his apartment made him to start to think about what Rory had said to him. After a few minutes he walked out of his apartment, walked downstairs to the diner, walked out of the diner, into his truck, and then he drove straight to Lorelai's house.

END OF ONE SHOT!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know what you think about this one-shot.