A bitterness

Hi

Recap: Sahil PoV

Alizeh has heard him, but she wasn't effected by his words. Her interest towards him faded the moment he apologised.

"Sahil"

She took a deep breath.

"I don't want to talk about this topic. There is no need or use to apologise, you have said a lot in the past. There was enough time to recognise what is right and what is wrong. But you were always blind in your anger. There wasn't a moment you had thought about me"

She wasn't looking at him, her gaze was on the plate hiding her pain.

Sahil stood up.

"I know I have ruined, but nothing...?"

He lowers his head, it wasn't easy for him to speak, the words weren't coming from his mouth. It was paining him to speak it out.

"I mean nothing has happened, Alizeh talaq leh lo {Get divorce from me}!"

He said it looking at her, his eyes were wet, the voice was broken. His heart was aching and she let the spoon fall.

"Talaq? You want me to apply for divorce? Why? Have you lost your mind?"

She stood up, crying and shouting at him.

"Why would I do this?! I'm fighting for you the battle hasn't started and you want me to give up! Huh!"

She pushes him, he didn't moved.

"Alizeh, Pak ho tum. {You are pure} I have never touched you, any man would be happy having you as his life partner. I'm sure there is someone waiting for you. You know Kabir, he loved you. I always thought...?"

Thaadh!

Alizeh left the hall, she rushed to her room crying behind the door, she had slammed. She bend down on her feet's and cries her heart out.

Sahil was holding his cheek. She had raised her hand on him, what else he thought she would do? Giving him a standing ovation? He just hurt her again, the broken heart of hers, got broken again by him.

Alizeh was crying holding her knees close to her body. Sahil why can't you just keep quiet? Did I asked you to divorce me? Did I mentioned to leave you? Was my trust on you not worthy enough?.

She hides her face in her knees and cries further. He sat down on the couch, the tears were rolling down, remembering the moment of the noon.

At the noon

He was alone at home, Alizeh had gone for her work, he was bored to spent the whole day at the room and come down.

He sat on the couch, he took the remote in his hand and switched on the tv. He was zipping from one channel to the other, when the door bell rung.

Sahil stood up, he walked to the door to greet his mother-in-law.

"Aunty, sorry Maa, come in!"

He moved to the side and his MIL entered the apartment.

"Maa please sit. I will get you something to drink!"

He went to the kitchen, he took out two glasses from the cupboard and filled them with water.

"Maa, Alizeh still at her working place. Should I call her!"

She didn't answered him. She was sitting there quietly as if she was waiting of the storm.

Sahil placed the glasses on the couch table. He passed her one, she took it with a short smile.

"Maa khariyat to hai {Is everything fine}? Please your silence is killing me!"

She looked up at him.

"My silence is killing you? What about you and your behaviour? If there was a woman in your life before then why didn't you told it us! We would have backed off!"

She stood up in anger.

"You have ruined the life of my daughter! She is married to a man like you. Another woman has accused you for an illegitimate relationship with her. You are someone I have never wished for my daughter. Somewhere it is my fault too, I should have listened to her, but our prestige"

She shook her head, holding her tears back.

"Maa, I have never touched...!!"

Thaadh!

"I'm not your mother. The other woman has accused you on sexual harassment, who know how many there are scared to speak up. I have done the mistake giving you my daughter. I'm not hear to hear your lies! Just sent my daughter free!"

Her mother sat back.

"What is her crime? Why should she pay for something she hasn't done. She is only supporting you... because she trusts you!"

Sahil nodded the tears were floating.

"M.. aunty?"

He was stammering.

"Don't worry I will sent her free!"

Sahil was crying.... so was Alizeh...

____

Please comment and vote