The court hearing

Hi

Recap: Diana a colleague of Sahil appears and gave a statement for his defence.

Alizah was in the room, she had folded the clothes and was arranging them in the closet.

Sahil was nervous, he was preparing all the time for the case. He had to be alert as Mehek could do anything.

Alizah looked at him, he was roaming here and there his nervousness was irking her, "Sahil please stop."

She stood up and cups his face, "your walking here and there is hell irritating. Please one of us have to be normal. You can't be the abnormal one, only I'm allowed to be mad."

Sahil looked at her, "what?" He got confused and she laughs, "I mean to say you are my husband the calm and relaxed one. I'm your mad wife the one with anger and fun. You can't get tensed it's my job." She said and he shook his head.

"Alizah you are too much. But thanks for helping me and be with me at the toughest time in my life." He rubs her arms and hugs her tight, he places a kiss on her head.

Alizah smiles at him, "please don't thank me." She checked the watch and looked at him, "Sahil come on it's time we have to reach the court." She said and he smiles at her, they left from there.

Sahil sat in the car, he was waiting for, she has run back into the apartment, as she had forgotten something.

Sahil was looking for her, he got a call, it was his brother.

"Hello Bhai, how are you?"

"Sahil where are you the hearing is going to start in 30 minutes and you are missing."

Sahil pouts, "I'm not the reason, your favourite Alizah is taking a lot of time, actually she forgot something and has rushed upstairs to get it."

Sahil looked out of the window, "oh there is she. Okay bye bhai."

"Bye and please make it fast."

They ended the call and Alizah sat in the passenger seat.

"What?" She looked at him.

Sahil couldn't take off his gaze from her, "you tell me. What was so important that you left me here waiting for you while my hearing is going to start."

She kisses his cheek, "you will get to know soon, start the engine please, we are getting late." She said and convinced him.

Sahil drove to the court, both went inside the courtroom, Alizah took his hand and intertwined with hers.

Sahil smiles genuinely at her, "Alizah, what was it?" She smiles, "here!" She opens her hand and he saw a tread, "taweez {talisman}?"

Alizah nods, "yes, I know you believe in it. I have asked your mother to make one for you, she gave it me yesterday. I wanted to give you it, but I was so tired that I fall asleep and in the morning I forgot."

Sahil took the taweez and bind it around his wrist, "thank you, for making it for me."

Alizah smiles, "mention not." They were sitting on the benches of the court hall.

The advocated of both parties were taking their interviews to their accused and victim.

Then the witnesses were called, "Diana you have come back after your holiday, what was the first you did?" The advocate of Sahil asked her.

Diana was looking at him, "I went to the hospital as usually to attend my shift."

"What happened there?"

Diana looked down, "I got to hear about the accusations on Sahil, that he have tried to molest Mehek."

"What surprised you on this accusation?"

Diana took a deep breath, "She and Sahil had a relationship before he got married. I know he wasn't happy about the marriage, but he was never unfaithful to his wife. He tried to maintain his personal and professional life. He always kept the distance and was keeping them separate."

"Great, so the victim had a relationship, but it ended after the wedding of my client, is that correct?"

Diana nods, "yes, that is correct"

"Thank you, now I want to ask you something about the night, the incident took place."

Diana nodded, "sure."

"You are here to give a statement to prove the innocent of my client, how?"

Diana looked at Mehek, who was sitting there with a stern look, "it was my last day before my holiday would start. I have met Sahil because he was my surrogate. I had to give him my files, I have told my patients that he would be looking after them while my absence."

"So you saw him at which time?"

Diana smiles, "I have seen him the same time on which she, Mehek, accused him."

"My honour I would like to play a video, we have given it to the forensic team to check if there is any manipulation done on it."

The honour agreed, after the video was testified being real.

"That is a video you made?"

Diana laughs, "yes, actually I wanted to start a face time, but by mistake I started to record a video. It's with time and date stamp."

They saw the video, "Diana what are your doing?" Sahil said in the video.

"Sahil I'm going to start a video chat with my son, do you even remember him?"

Sahil pouts, "of course I do, he is little John. He is right?"

"Yes, his name is John, but he isn't little anymore."

Then he come into the picture, "madam you are recording not chatting."

"What?" Diana took the mobile phone down, "Oh you are right!"

They both laughed and the video ended.

"It was a short video, but is there more?"

Diana nodded, "yes, we made picture just for fun as my son and husband didn't picked up the phone."

The lawyer shows the pictures on the big screen, there was a clock behind them on the wall. The time code was matching with the digital code of the photographs.

Mehek was looking at her, all gazes was on her.

"The victim here isn't Miss Mehek, but my Client Mr. Sahil Sheikh." The lawyer gave his final speech.

The court gave Mehek a chance to express herself, but she remains silent the evidences were against her and so was the law on Sahils side. He was charged free of all accusations.

Sahil met Diana outside the courthouse, they talked for a moment, "thank you."

Diana shook her head, "for what? Being honest! Come on man I couldn't see you behind the bars without a real reason."

Sahil nods, he hugs her and she left.

Alizah come, "why didn't you thought of it?"

Sahil pouts, "how could I remember this, I was losing the hope in everything, therefore I was always on stress."

Alizah nods at him, she hooked into his arm and they went to a family dinner.

____
Please comment and vote