Twenty-one

Days passed, People were still talking about Harry's cheating scandal

Days passed, People were still talking about Harry's cheating scandal. The news spread like wildfire, infecting all news sources in the wizarding world globally.

Ron threw the newspaper onto the table, making a loud slapping noise from the contact.
Yet another article about harry had been all over the daily prophet once again and he was sick of seeing his lighting scarred face painted all over every magazine or paper.

'The boy who lives, the boy who cheats. ... Harry Potter gives us the shocking details on how he managed to sport himself a spot in the oh so glorious tri wizard tournament.' It read on the cover.

"I can't believe you're reading that rubbish, it's all gossip anyways." Hermione scoffed at his small outburst.

"Whatever, He's a cheat and a liar. " Ron laughed humourlessly.

Alora picked herself up and away from the bickering pair and paced over to Harry who sat by the fireplace. He gazed into the cracking flames, it reflected in the corneas of his green eyes.
He didn't notice her presence until the couch dipped slightly as she sat besides him.

"Hey. Thinking about the tournament?" She said as he snapped out of his deep thoughts.

"Huh?.. uh yeah." He sighed. "I just don't know what to do. Everyone hates me, they think I'm a cheat." Harry stared at the carpeted floor.

She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Never mind about that. You've got to start figuring our what you're doing for the first task. These challenges aren't easy harry, you can't just walk in blindly and expect to come out victorious. I mean, people have died before." She warned.

"Sorry, that's not really helping to ease your stress." She bit her lip back. She had the aim to console but obviously only caused him more distress as worry was written all over his face.

"No, you're right. But how do I know how to prepare? I haven't got the slightest clue what the first task is." He held a knuckle in between his teeth.

She pursed her lips for a moment then shot up out of her seat to take his hand into hers and pull him along. "C'mon, lets make a start at the library. At least there we can get some information on past tournaments." Harry nodded in agreement and the two made their way into the halls of Hogwarts.

Upon entering the library through the heavy wooden doors, the two began to scan the isles together and comb through the mounds of history books for information.
"I'll go through the back section and you cover the front." Alora suggested.

She left Harry to search the isles while she searched the back area of the extensive library. She turned the corner to move into the next isle and her feet came to a halt. She hid behind the books just enough to peek without getting caught.

Kade lestrange was snogging a tall brunette beauxbatons student against the shelves of the restricted section. She watched intently but then realised what she was doing was wrong. She cringed in disgust as she backed away quickly and bumped into a human figure which made her knock a pile of thick leather-covered books onto the carpeted floor with a loud thump.