Thirty-five

A piercing scream halted the tuneful beat of the  march

A piercing scream halted the tuneful beat of the  march. The audience cheers were washed away instantaneously as Harry clutched cedric's unmoving body limp in his arms. The life slipping away from his empty eyes.

"Let me through." Amos said in almost a whisper, yet could be heard louder than drums.   "Let me through! That's my son! My boy." His voice wavered with heartache and desperation.

The utter terror in his eyes were engraved in Alora's mind as she dug her head into Fred's shoulder. Not minding that her tears would seep into his sweater, he nestled her head with shaky hands in comfort. They heard the purely anguished bellowing cries of Amos which they hauntingly knew would never escape their thoughts.

Everything will be different now.

"Write to me?"

"Au revoir!"

Even after cedric's tragic passing students still mustered up enough courage to farewell their foreign friends with bittersweet smiles. Alora smirked upon seeing victor pull Hermione away and slip her a delicate note.

"Will you miss me?" A raspy voice spoke in her ear.
She spun on her feet, meeting the dark brown eyes of none other than kade. Stepping back and almost tripping on an uneven tile, she regained her balance with the help of his hand on the arch of her back.

"Calm down love." He stifled a laugh. " I mean no harm."
Alora eyed him with creeping suspicion as she straightened herself. He didn't have that standard arrogant smirk on his lips but instead a reluctant grin.
Has he perhaps given up?

"I couldn't just leave without a goodbye."

"Then I hope this is the last time." She huffed exasperatedly.

"At least I have the decency to farewell you." He scowled, poking the inside of his cheek irritatedly.

"Is that supposed to overlook everything you've done to me?" She stammered, disbelief in the audacity of him.
His expression stayed stoic, lacking regret or guilt about the dirt on his hands.

"I did what I had to."

"Why?" Her voice cracked with anger.

"Because you were my first love... and I intend for you to be my last. No matter how long it takes or what I have to do." His tone dripping with arrogance.

Alora's gaze hardened as a cold chill went up her spine. Taking her chin under his index finger, he leaned into her ear.
"Remember,When draco breaks your heart I'll be waiting. You know where to find me love."

With a sly grin on his lips he walked away brazenly.
Alora hoped it was the last time she'd see him but unfortunately the feeling in her chest told otherwise. Especially with the rumoured return of you-know-who...
This definitely wouldn't be the last of kade lestrange.