Thirty-four

To say that Dumbledore was simply perplexed by Alora's rare ability was an understatement

"So only as you had lost control of your emotions had the fire started ?" The long-white-bearded man circled his desk in deep thought. Alora's eyes trailed to the young majestic Phoenix across the room shaking its loose feathers as she nodded once.
"And then once again in the black lake?" He queries and she nodded once more.

"It's like I'm jaded by a thick cloud and a force wants to escape. I-I'm sorry for not mentioning it sooner.. I just—couldn't jeopardise Harry's position in the tournament."

Dumbledore thins his lips with a sigh.
"Miss Winters, your poor judgement may have been at fault but your intent seems harmless. Now, please see your way to breakfast without causing anymore wildfires in our school. This issue will be further discussed." He dismissed her.

Alora chewed on her cheek anxiously as she shoved her bunched up hands in her deep robe pockets. The hands that beckoned her to fear part of herself. What if she'd only scratched the surface of her ability?

As if she hadn't felt uncomfortable enough, the harsh stares from multiple students as she entered the dining hall disrupted her thoughts.
She was used to getting looks but never ones like these.

At the sight of his girlfriend, Draco leap out of his seat and sprinted towards her.
"Hey. I heard about the fire." He breathed. "When I hadn't seen you this morning — I got worried." He cupped her cheeks in relief.

Alora smiled, stepping up on her toes gently, she placed a soft kiss on his jaw.
"I could've sword I was only 17 minutes late." She chuckled softly.

"I'm serious Alora, there have been rumours going around." He stressed. "Some are even saying you started the fire."

Her mouth hung agape momentarily as she felt her mouth dry up trying to find the words.
" w-who's been saying that?" She stammered.

"Well at first I heard it from Flint. I almost punched the guy square in the face for making such accusations about my girl—."

"I did start the fire." She interrupted in a sudden exhale.
Her breath hitched at the tense look on his face.
"I'll explain later." She sighed. "But for now I have to do some explaining to others."
She pursed her lips into a frown as her eyes met with Harry's horridly worried ones from across the room. Hermione and Ron turned slowly to catch his line of vision.

 Hermione and Ron turned slowly to catch his line of vision