Forty-two

"Where have you two been?" Harry fussed as Ron and alora had met him in the greens area

"I .. uh, kinda got us booted from sneaking into the kitchens again." Ron sniffed amusedly while scratching his nape.

Harry screwed his face up confusedly. "How do you even do that?" He questioned throwing his hands up.

"He was ranking the cereals based solely on their 'vibes' again." Alora stifled a laugh much to Harry's amusement.

"Reminds me of the time he went to the prefects bathroom to investigate what flavours each of the coloured waters were." Harry smirked.
"Anyways, I heard Marietta edgecomb was interrogated this morning. I think she might've told umbridge." He whispered with great urgency.

"So she's been jinxed?"Ron gasped quite aggressively.

"Seamus said he saw warts bubbling up on her face this morning when she ran into the bathroom sobbing." Harry gossiped quietly.

"Then do you suppose umbridge is onto us?" She questioned. If that was the case, it'd be too risky sneaking around the halls. The boys shrugged cluelessly, not knowing what to expect from the ruthless recently appointed head master.

That afternoon they found out the rumours surrounding edgecomb were indeed a reality as the school caught witness of the word 'snitch' written in juicy warts across her guilty face. The whole club felt the sting of her betrayal that put large targets on them all.

Alora was walking back to the common room when she felt a sudden swipe at her arm, pulling her roughly around the corner. A breathless yelp escaped her throat in bewilderment before realising that it was just draco. He greeted her with a warm kiss as he smiled against her lips, parting momentarily and then peppering her cheeks. She chuckled as she bit down on her lip, caught off guard by his romantic acts as usual.
"Did your classes go well?" He asked, brushing hair away from her eyes.

"I did really well in my owls. Although, I have yet to beat you in the ranks." She mused while nudging him softly.

"Guess I'll have to tutor you more often." He smirked, knowing that they both can't keep focused around each other enough to actually study.
"C'mon, I'll walk you back." He kindly offered, pulling her hand in his.

As they began to lead back to the gryffindor common room side by side, alora noticed the large badge attached to draco's front. In actuality, it was quite hard to miss. The hefty bronze badge hung by a purple ribbon rather obnoxiously.
"What've you got there?" She asked curiously.

A proud smirk ran across his face at the mention.
"The symbol of the inquisitorial squad. Professor Umbridge hand picked me to join." He gleamed.

She inwardly smiled, not wanting to dishearten his accomplishment. Yet, she knew what this meant for the rest of her friends, and herself. Nothing bad could possibly be said when draco had looked so delighted with the position.
"T-that's great draco." She hummed. "Did the professor say if there was.. any reason to appoint you all?" She subtly asked.