Twenty-two

Alora had been alone with Draco before, many times in fact, and she thought it wouldn't be any different this time

Alora had been alone with Draco before, many times in fact, and she thought it wouldn't be any different this time. But as she rubbed her clammy hands together and held her bottom lip in between her teeth she couldn't deny the amount of nerves that were coursing through her veins and the warm feeling of blood rushing to her rosy cheeks.

They walked down the snow filled path, their sides brushed against each other's thick winter coats.
"So you're telling me that you've never blown up a cauldron before? That's hard to believe Malfoy. I think in my first year alone I had to have at least eleven replacements." She stifled a laugh at the embarrassing memory.

"Well that's because you're a complete and utter klutz." He teased her in which she returned with a playful nudge.

"I am not!" She pouted in defence.

"You say that like you didn't accidentally walk into me and fall down twice before we met."

"Hey! You walked into me first!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever you want to believe." He chuckled.
Suddenly Draco felt a cold object come into contact with the back of his shoulder.

He let out a sarcastic dry cough which could be visually seen in a cloud of smoke escaping his lips.

"You did not just throw a snowball at me." He gasps exasperatedly.

Alora tossed up a second snowball before catching it in her palm again and shaped the cold object with her hands.
"What're you gonna do about it Malfoy?" She grinned, throwing it directly at his chest using him to jolt back in horror.

"Ohhh you're so gonna pay for this winters!"

"gonna have to catch me first!" She stuck her tongue out and puffed out her cheeks teasingly.
Draco immediately scooped up a handful of snow, compressed it with his two hands and chased after the girl who screamed in delight as she ran across the snowy hill.

Draco had never laughed so hard as when they had finally commenced a full fledged snowball fight. It was clear to say Alora was much better than he was seeing that Draco had been covered in icy cold snow from head to toe and she happily ran around spotless with nothing on her perfectly clean coat.

"That's it!"draco laughed and swung his arms to hook around her waist and tackling her playfully onto the soft snow. She laughed at the cold cushiony impact and held her hands up in defeat.

"Okay! You win Malfoy" She smiled and let out the cutest giggle Draco had ever heard.
He wanted to stay there for a moment and admire how pretty she looked against the white snow, Tiny fragments of white snow was speckled throughout her silky hair and her cheeks were a rosy tint which may or may not been due to the coldness.

"I did, didn't I." He smiled before plopping down onto the soft snow next to her.

Their shoes were filled with snow and their socks were soaked but neither of them cared, they were too giggly to even notice.