Forty-one

"Relashio!" Luna strained as she forced the wand to drop from cho's hand

"That was excellent Luna." Alora chimed as she viewed from the sidelines.

Luna muttered a thanks as a proud smile spread across her cheeks. It was strange to see her still delightfully herself even when her father had been in quite some trouble with the ministry for false rumours regarding you-know-who.

"Thank you everybody for attending today's DA meeting! You've all done wonderfully. Additionally, as a reminder from hermione, do not lose your DA coins under any circumstances ." Harry announced as the whole room directed their attention. Harry was spoiled with many thanks from students as they rushed out the door- being mindful of umbridge who might've been lurking in the halls of course.

"Alora, you coming down to hagrid's with us? He said he'd something to show us in the forbidden forest." Harry asked as Ron slung an arm around his shoulder.

"You guys go ahead without me. I think I'll go find draco before curfew." She waved goodbye as she rushed out the exit.

The trees whistled in the wind as if they were alive while alora and draco sat in comfortable silence on the balcony. The night air was blissfully crisp against their skin as the stars began to glisten from far above them. His scent lingered on her hair as she rested against his chest. The sound of his quickened heartbeat echoing in her ear as she glossed over his calm face, his eyes were full of specs of light as he gazed among the dark sky.

"You're handsome." She muttered mindlessly out loud. Not even bothering to notice how brazen she had sounded.

An angelic smile cracks upon draco's lips.
"Are you trying to flirt with me right now?" He chuckled lightly.

Alora laughed, her voice being carried by the breeze that passed through.
"I don't know, is it working?" She bit down on her lip cheekily, clearly joking.

"Well it's only fitting.. since this is the place where I fell in love with you." He smirked, knowing she'd already be flustered.

His face glowed and then faltered. For a moment he looked down seriously at his hands, twisting the ring on his finger.
"Something the matter? What's on your mind?" She asks, noticing his shifting demeanour.

He paused, hesitant to speak.
"Does it never bother you... that I am the way I am?" He asked softly.

"What do you mean?" She furrows, meeting the distant gaze in his shallow eyes.

"I mean— I'm cruel, selfish a-and difficult... and besides, doesn't my family's reputation bother you at all? I'm sure you've heard plenty from potter." He presses his lips in distain. He felt a nervous coldness as she stared in silence.

"Actually.. I have." She paused, hesitant to say more. "I-I know your father was in the cemetery that night Cedric was.. killed." She confessed timidly.

The air suddenly ran colder around him as he let the words settle in. Draco felt his chest tighten as his eyes glossed with shame and his brows locked with worry.
"How long have you known?" He stared at the ground, unable to look her in the eye.

"Since the summer." She said quietly.

"...Do you still love me?" He uttered hesitantly in the softest voice she'd ever heard.

Alora brought her hands up to run though his hair gently. Brushing his cheek to face her, she left a delicate kiss on his lips in which he's eyes widened unexpectedly at.
"I couldn't ever stop loving you even if I tried Draco malfoy." She professed.

"But I—." He began to say but was stopped.

"I don't care who your father is or what he has to say. You're not to blame and his actions don't define you.
We have the gift of having choices draco... we just have to decide whether or not to take the chance and use them for the better." She spoke without hesitation.

He was speechless for a moment. A benign yet relieved smile fell onto his lips.

"You're a good person Draco. You don't need to pretend that you're not." She reassured. The calm silence simmered upon them once again.

"I love you." He said in a single breath. "I love you and I don't think I'll ever possibly love anyone else as much as I love you alora winters." He said tenderly. He meant every single word.

"I know." She smiled.
Their hands intertwined and locked with each other neither one wanting to let go.