Chapter 16

Rashad~

I drove over to Bri's house to check up on her. Even though she told me she wanted space, I still care for her enough to check up on her and make sure she's ok.

"Hey" I said to De' as she opened the door. She just ignored me and allowed me to come in.

"Uh, how you're do-"

"Cut the bullshit. I know you came to see her so just go on upstairs and talk to her then leave" She said with a tone of anger.

I walked upstairs to stop an oncoming argument that I knew was going to happen. Once I reached the stairs, I knocked on Bri's door and waited for her soft "come in" before I entered the room seeing her coming out of her closet with an outfit for the day on.

"Hey Bri" I said as I sat on her bed.

"Hey Shad",she said surprised and confused, "what are you doing here?"

"To check up on you...are you ok?" I said with concern.

"Why is everyone making it seem like I'm trying to kill myself?! Damn can a female have a few bad days without muhfuckas assuming that she is depressed!" She yelled getting irritated.

"Because Bri, you're walking around the world as if you don't wanna live in this world anymore."

"I'm fine Rashad" She said looking everywhere in the room but at me.

"Look at me" I said sternly making her face me, "Now repeat that statement."

She sighed looking up at the ceiling then back at me. "I said I'm fine" Her voice cracked.

"Bri..."

"What Rashad?! What?!"

"Be honest with your self?!" I yelled back, "You're hurting" I said in a sympathetic tone.

"I know...I was talking to Brandon about this"

"When?" I said puzzled.

"Yesterday..."

"Awe. So y'all back cool now?"

"You can say that. I'm just taking it one step at a time...I just want my group back,honestly"

"So do I but it would be hard for things to go back to the way it was...well, for me"

"Why Rashad?"

"Because I wouldn't be able to be ok with being in a group of people who I love and truly hurt"

"What you mean" She asked confused.

"I think I would create more turmoil in the group because I fell deeply in love with you, De' is in love with me, and I don't know how you feel"

"Shid...neither do I"

De'Anna~

"B, tell me why this nigga came to the house tryna make small talk with me like we cool and shit" I said ranting to Brandon.

"Who Shad?"

"Hell yea, he gon try to ask me how I was doing I instantly cut his ass off and said cut the bullshit, Briella is upstairs" I said getting irritated thinking about the situation that occurred.

"De' I think you should talk to Bri..." He blurted out.

"For..." I said confused.

"Because it's time for this to be squashed"

"Brandon..." I started.

"It's been almost 2 months now De'...She's yo blood. You need to talk to her and try to forgive her and then in due time try to For give Shad. Come on now De', its time to let it go"

"Ok...fine" I sighed giving up.

"Good, I'll talk to her and try to plan a day when I come over and bring Shad and we will discuss this and try to get passed it because we've know each other since 8th grade and I'll be damned if we throw all of those years away for this."

"But Brandon this seriously hurts..." I said wanting to cry.

"You should try talking to someone else to help keep yo mind off of him" He suggested, "I think I know the perfect person"

"Who?"

"My boy Ken from the basketball team"

"Oh...um sure. He's cute."

"Cool cause he been wanting me to put him on with you for the longest" He exaggerates.

We laughed, "Whatever"

"I'm serious, He'll be like, Aye Brandon when you gon book me up with baby girl, like that nigga sprung over you and you ain't did shit to him but say a lil bitty hey to him" He joked.

"Hey that's what happens when you got that De'Anna Effect, makes you fall in love"

He smacked his lips, "Man shut yo dumbass up"

"You mad?"

"What's there to be mad about"

"Cause you have the effect as well" I teased.

"Oop...April Fools"

"The first step to recovery is admitting"

"Face ass"

"Man fuck you witcho ugly ass"

"Ohh so you tryna go?"

"I mean muhfuckas can do connect the dots on the faces and shit"

"And muhfuckas can't grow titties for shit, now what"

"Fuck you nigga" I laughed.

"Sorry boo but I can't" He joked.

"Nigga bye" She laughed.

"I'll talk to you later tho"

"Ok be safe. Love you"

Same to you. Love you too sis" He said hanging up.