ii. born to lose

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕓𝕪 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕧𝕠𝕚𝕕𝕠𝕚𝕕𝕤

THE ALARM CLOCK radio sounded off loudly on Amanda's bedside as she lazily slipped her hands from the safety beneath her blankets. Not being able to find it she instead sent it to the floor again and groaned over now having to get up to collect it. She turned to see it was only six o'clock with school not officially starting for another two hours. "Few more minutes wouldn't hurt," She thought to herself and rested her head against the pillow again.

However this was soon rudely interrupted by her father pulling open her curtains. The stream of sunlight now filling her bedroom left Amanda to groan over feeling the light even throw the coverings of her sheets. "It's only six—"

"Sweetheart, you didn't adjust the clock. It's actually seven. I'm surprised you're usually so punctual," Her father commented and sighed to himself over successfully getting her out of bed, "I need to be at work now, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck on your first day at hill valley high."

She groaned in annoyance to slam her face deeper into the pillow. "Please don't remind me," She told him despite being muffled by her stance on the pillow.

"Love you," Her father only called back in a sing-song tone to have her lift her head, the front door now shutting to mark his departure. Reaching out to the bedside table beside her where her Walkman still sat, she put her headphones on to simply play off the Mötley Crüe tape she had left inside from the last time she used it.

To start school in the fall term of her junior year wasn't as ideal as Amanda would have liked it to be. Her last school at least had the jazz band where she could continue to play the drums, but Hill Valley High, as she already checked and heard from Marty, had no sort of things. She was lucky to even have any sort of advanced Physics class to make it not seem like a complete waste of time to show up every day.

Going down the steps and making her way to grab something to eat, she found a stack of pancakes and orange juice already waiting for her in the kitchen. Eating them in a rush as she was short on time, Amanda simply grabbed her skateboard quickly to head out the door. Everyone in Hill Valley seemed to already be up at this hour as she skated past those on the street or even those in their Jazzercise class at this early in the morning. Nevertheless, she reached Hill Valley High with at least five minutes to spare to-

Find her classes.

Having been distracted these days and hanging out with Marty and his group of friends she let out a deep groan in frustration in the midst of her crisis, which earned confused looks from students passing by her. "You alright?" A girl came up to ask, silently laughing at her outwardly showing the day wasn't working well in her favor.

"I need to find the office? Or somewhere where I can at least pick up my schedule?" She asked, her tantrum slowly subsiding to see the brunette in front of her properly.

She nodded understandingly, nudging her with her shoulder to move along beside her. "New girl, huh? Should've known; the office is on my way to class so I can just walk you over." Amanda grinned widely out thanks to have her do the same. "I'm Jennifer by the way."

"I'm Amanda and it's nice to meet a kind face when I can. Makes it harder when you try to fit yourself into a school where everyone already knows each other," She told her.