viii. young lust

➪ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕓𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕗𝕝𝕠𝕪𝕕

LOOKING THROUGH the attic in the midst of cleaning, marking two days left before the dreaded return of school and a lack of Doc this past week to keep her busy with errands, Amanda continued to search for some novels she'd left behind during their move a year ago.

'Course two days of summer left and taking up a part-time job, didn't seem to be the perfect time to catch up reading Tolkien.

Finding a few boxes left behind, she smiled happily over finally finding them and stepped down to begin to open them. "Hang on?" Opening one of the boxes, Amanda didn't find any books and instead found an intricately beaded white dress; clearly being kept away from anyone coming up here. "Mom's wedding dress-" Holding this out in surprise, expecting it to be gone along with the rest of her, Amanda scoured through the box for anything else that might've been hiding inside. Finding more photos of her, she sighed over her wondering if times were ever once so simple.

Growing up without barely any recollection of the woman herself or what she looked like, seeing the photos would've been the equivalent to that of a stranger. Her name was Julia Montague, or that was all her father really told Amanda about her mother. The last time he'd even seen her was when she was barely two, which prompted the move out of Hill Valley in the first place.

This disconnect with her family history having been centered into town always left her out of place growing up, like there was more to their history and, essentially, her history she could've benefited from hearing if her father at least told her something. Fletcher assumed it was out of protecting his daughter from getting her seeking these answers, but it only left her discontent and alone knowing that there was a woman out there who didn't care enough to stick around and watch her grow up.

Setting the photos beside her in the dusty attic, Amanda then lifted up the old book in her hands and brushed away the dust to reveal the Hill Valley High logo on the cover with the Class of 1958. "Dad's high school yearbook!" Turning the pages to the graduating senior class in search of a photo of her Dad from the sea of graduates caused her to frown slightly and lose some of her spirits. The image of the auburn haired woman faced her instead along with the graduating class, turning a few pages before that to finally find her father and smiling over his lack of childish smile in the photograph.

"Hey, Amy?" Her father's footsteps suddenly became audible on the ladder coming up to where she was, causing for her to put the fragments of memory lane back into the box where she had found them before he could see. Taking the book from the side of her boxes, her dad poked out his head to her and laughed lightly. "Found the book then?"

Amanda nodded and went back down with him. "Well, I'm glad. Just came to make sure you're still hungry so I can order us that pizza."

"Yea, pizza sounds great." He grinned and made his way over to the house phone without knowing what his daughter had stumbled upon. Turning back, Amanda lifted the ladder back up and away from the main hallway, looking up briefly at the memories tucked away and hidden just above her head.

She was aware there was more to their story. Amanda just wished she wasn't so curious as to finding out what exactly it was.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

THE ALARM CLOCK RADIO rang suddenly and I groaned myself awake, hearing the faint sound of Chuck Berry escaping through the station. "Amanda!" Her dad yelled, the music making his footsteps to her room barely audible.

Seeing him now outside the door he chuckled at the sight of her and opened up her curtains to have Amanda cringe at the light. "C'mon now kid, don't wanna be late for your last morning shift right?"