xxv. lightning never strikes twice

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕣𝕠𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕤

WAKING UP to the radio clock blaring some new track by The Talking Heads, Amanda groaned out of being displeased over the loud sound after finally having been able to get some sleep. Looking to see it was Saturday October 26th, 1985, she only assumed last night was some bizarre dream and nothing actually happened. Seeing as it was all too unrealistic to actually be true, the thought seemed to be good enough at the time. She rubbed her eyes in a vain attempt to try and get herself to wake before realizing she had told Marty I'd call him when Doc dropped them off last night vaguely.

Grabbing her phone from her bedside, she twirled the cord through her fingers to wait for him to pick up on the other line. "Hello?" His sister Linda spoke instead to have her frown over this.

"Hey Linda, it's Amanda. Is Marty up yet?" She asked her, already knowing very well there was no point in sending any important message to have her tell him. From many attempts made before, it wasn't all that hard to figure out she didn't take too fondly to receiving messages that weren't specifically meant for her.

"Doubt it, he hasn't come out for breakfast," She spoke on the other line. Before Amanda could tell her she'd be coming over, there was muffling on the other line that indicated her speaking to another person on the line.

Waiting for the sound to stop, she continued to try and wake herself up as much as she could with the time Linda took doing this. "I'll just swing by right now, alright? Can you tell him?"

She sighed over this as a complaint more than likely to which Amanda didn't have the energy to call her out for. "Sure. God knows my mom is already thrilled and says you can join us for breakfast if you want." Deciding to not take the comment too much to heart as Mrs. McFly did usually like her around, Amanda simply agreed to it and hung up the phone.

Coming down the stairs to expect the usual presence of her father watching a cooking show, she stopped in her tracks upon hearing another uproar of laughter accompanying him. Amanda inched over slowly towards the kitchen, wondering if her uncle had stopped by this time around before they opened the shop. "Hey Dad, what's going on?"

The woman who now standed on the opposite side of her father instead greeted Amanda to have her realize what happened last night was not actually a dream. Seeing instead an older, matured woman of the one she'd grew close to in 1955, Amanda held my breath when seeing her as an attempt to not keel over and faint. "Mom? Mom, you're here? How are you here?"

She laughed at this to tilt her head to her daughter confused by the question. "I'm not sure I know what you mean, pumpkin?"

Her father leaned against the kitchen counter to entertain the statement she made. "Did you sleep in your clothes last night, kiddo? Really, you shouldn't be studying so late, you need the rest."

Amanda chuckled over this with a wide-grin and went over to hug her mother tightly. "Yeah, I'm not thinking straight. Sleep could do me some good."

Looking up to Fletcher father confused, who only shrugged his shoulders, Julia then let go to look to her daughter in worry. "You sure you're alright, Amanda?" Holding her in a soft embrace, her eyes seemed concerned over even the simple scene she': made.

Nodding as a response, Amanda sniffled to try and keep from looking more out of touch with whatever she successfully caused when Marty and herwent back in time. Seeing her mother continue to look at her concerned, the blonde held down her hands to nod to her out of reassurance. "I'm sure." Looking around for her skateboard in a daze, Amanda tried to make her way out of the house to see if I wasn't the only one changed by all of this. Or better yet, that this wasn't some continuation of the dream. "I'm gonna— I'm gonna head over to Marty's place."