xvii. you can never tell

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕨𝕙𝕪 𝕕𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕠𝕝𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕚𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕗𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕖 𝕝𝕪𝕞𝕠𝕟 & 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕤

ONCE THE TEENAGERS were back at Doc's garage, Marty opened the door to have him and Amanda faintly make out the video from the night they went back in time being continuously rewinded on the television as they slowly walked in. Exchanging a similar look to one another before going in any deeper they were able to now see Doc perched close to the television set with the tape being played. "Doc?" Amanda asked concerned to have him look up to them with a guilty expression on his face.

"Amanda, Marty. I didn't hear you two come in." He held the video camera tightly in his hands before placing it on top of the television set again as if trying to seem inconspicuous, "Fascinating device this video unit."

Marty looked to him worried. "Listen, Doc." He looked back to Amanda as to silently seek a form of confirmation to tell him about the events of that night on October 26th, 1985. She folded her arms and nodded to have him continue to speak to the Doc. "Y'know, there's something we haven't told you about the night we made that tape."

"Please Marty, don't tell me. No man should know too much about his own destiny," Doc said immediately and focused his attention instead on a wire that had been fashioned to run out of the Delorean.

"But you don't understand?"

"I do understand. If I know too much about my own future, I could endanger my own existence." He turned back to Marty seriously in reference to the mistake he'd made serving as some sort of example of 'what not to do when time-traveling'. "Just as you have endangered yours."

Marty and Amanda to have her notice him beginning to grow irritable over their friend's lack of care towards bettering the outcomes that were, for now, set in stone. "You're right. We understand," She said instead before this escalated any further. Doc then tightened his hand around Marty's shoulder to shift the conversation away to a model beside them.

"Now then, let me show you my plan for sending you kids home." He motioned over to a fine job of a model of the Hill Valley courthouse square. The intricacies of the set design fascinating Amanda as she let down to examine the amount of effort that seemed to be put into it. "Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it."

Thinking that the model was done more than exceptionally well, Amanda smiled at the fact Doc thought it to be anything but. "It looks good."

"Oh thank you, thank you." He positioned himself to motion to the cable now fashioned running from the the clock tower. "Okay, now we run some industrial strength electrical cable from the top down, suspending it over the street, between these two lamp posts. Meanwhile, we out-fitted the vehicle with this big pole and hook which runs directly into the flux-capacitor."

He stepped away from the model to continue his plans to execute the plan he'd calculated and drawn out. "At the calculated moment, you start off from down the street driving toward the cable execrating to eighty-eight miles per hour. According to the flyer, at 10:04 pm lightning will strike the clocktower sending one point twenty-one gigawatts into the flux-capacitor, sending you both back to 1985." Doc handed Amanda the miniature car to grab some jumper cables held off to the side. "Alright now, watch this. You wind up the car and release it, I'll simulate the lightning."