xxi. just a fool

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 ( 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 ) 𝕓𝕪 𝕟𝕒𝕥 𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕖

THE TRIP arrived at the center of town to leave the Delorean and materials with Doc before Marty and Amanda actually made their way to the dance. He looked around to the sky for a moment before turning back to the teens unsure. "Are you sure about this storm?" Doc asked, concerned by his tone into thinking this wasn't going to work out in our favor.

Seeing the sky now it would be assumed that tonight's thunderstorm wasn't happening. The sky was clear without any sign of clouds near enough for them to notice. Yet there was going to be a thunderstorm, even if it wasn't entirely obvious now. Marty laughed over his comment. "Since when could weatherman predict the weather?"

Amanda continued with a casual shrug of the shoulders. "Let alone the future."

He sighed to look between the two of them before him. "You know, I'm going to be very sad to see you two go. You've really made a difference in my life, you've given me something to shoot for. Just knowing that I'm going to be around to see 1985, that I'm gonna succeed in this-" He stopped at the Delorean in admiration to uncover to take a peek. "That I'm gonna have a chance to travel through time!"

Noticing Marty frown at this comment over knowing what the future of their friend was, Amanda soon did the same. It was a distraction really for them being here. Hiding from the fact that when they'd get back, the Doc wasn't going to be around anymore. Neither of them said a word over this as they slowly walked beside him solemnly. "It's gonna be really hard waiting 30 years before I can talk to you both about everything that's happened in the past few days. I'm really gonna miss you."

Marty cracked a smile to him struggling to attempt a chipper tone. "I'm really gonna miss you."

"The both of us. It's gonna be hard," Amanda continued to have Doc smile kindly at the  before turning back towards the Delorean.

Feeling as if he had some responsibility in making another attempt to warn him, Marty nodded to himself in silence. Looking over to him and knowing by the expression on his face what he was going to say, Amanda said nothing to stop him. "Doc, about the future. . ."

"No!" Doc interrupted to stop him from continuing on. "Marty, we've already agreed that having information about the future can be extremely dangerous. Even if your intentions are good, it can backfire drastically. Whatever you've got to tell me, I'll find out through the natural course of time."

Turning to see him at a loss for words, Amanda lent down to intertwine his hand in here. He looked over to his friend maintains a level-head for him instead to catch the words that had failed to come out after this response. "Right, Doc We'll be back for the car in a second." Taking him up over to take a short walk to clear his head, he stopped to her seriously for letting the situation just be ignored.

Though Marty was convinced in his own ideas on how to help Doc, he hadn't released like the young blonde in front of him now noticed that his own worries brought him onto a verge of tears. She held her own emotions in for his sake and continued to try to ease him. "I wanna tell him too. He just— He's not gonna let us tell him."

"Then we do it some other way."

Thinking for a moment, she looked past him to the café that proved to be the site of the majority of anything that occurred around here. Being struck with an idea she turned back over to Marty. "You think they've got something to write with in there?"

Marty grinned over the idea to take her to sit themselves at the booth as he asked Lou behind the counter for a paper and something to write with. He brought over a set of coffee for them with this as Amanda watched him silently begin writing. Muttering to himself every so often the way to best phrase the warning, she only watched on the other side of him. Worrying the choice of phrasing this to their friend who, in all fairness, had a tendency to handle news that held a great weight of importance with extreme ties. "You have to soften it a little."