three; the wrong date

THE ONE WHERE THEY ONLY PRETEND.

C H A P T E R  T H R E E ;

third person pov:

m e n t a l l y d r a i n e d, sadie stared at her three essays, multiple research assignments, and group projects, "college you're kicking my ass good!" she groaned.

"do you need help or..?" millie pondered, sticking her head out from their bathroom. "just because you're smart doesn't mean i need help!" sadie whined, but shortly a smirk grew on her face.

"don't you have a date with someone tonight? don't have too much fun, it's slutty to do it on the first date- oh wait you wouldn't know," she teased, millie scoffed loudly and grabbed her bag.

"i don't even know him that well, plus, i don't have sex on the first date, it's called class," she rolled her eyes and slammed the door on the way out.

they were almost the complete opposite of each other in the dating community. it wasn't dry for either of them, sadie just enjoyed basking in her opportunities. yet millie has never gone further then deep make out sessions.

she stomped into her first class, sitting down casually next to, well, you guessed it.

"dork! finally!" finn exclaimed, looking up from an assignment he didn't complete.

"dork! shithead!" millie mocked, placing her bag down on the plainly carpeted floor next to her.

the professor was surprisingly early this morning, leaving them no time for extra chit chat. it didn't matter as instead of listening, finn would stare at maddie and occasionally pick on his best friend.

"what's so special about her," millie thought as she watched maddie too, laughing to herself because she couldn't figure it out.

as the class was dismissed, she pulled finn along and made him sit next to her on an open bench right outside.

"you're going to ask maddie on a date tonight, okay?" she established, quickly standing up again before he gripped his hand tightly on her skinny wrist.

"what? why?! wait-" he was clearly confused as he couldn't form a sentance, she laughed at his obliviousness and sat back down.

"you guys are clearly ready," she nodded kindly, partly day dreaming about her own plans tonight. something about her date made her like him right away, she just couldn't put a finger on it.

"we hung out at the party a-and then watched a movie together! that's it, not even a kiss!" finn exasperated, looking down at his untied shoe laces.