ten; don't go

THE ONE WHERE THE PARTY ENDS EARLY.

C H A P T E R  T E N ;

third person pov;

u n k n o w i n g l y, caleb, sadie, jaeden & millie arrived late to the party, as the formality of it all was well over- but breathtakingly, it still held together gorgeously. though you'd have to mind the people trashing it up by the second.

golden bulb lights twinkled down from the high ceiling of the hall, different forestry wrapped around the pale marble, contrasting the red velvety carpets and other fancy accents.

as electric love by børns blasted on the overhead speakers, the four peered around at the party bustling with noise, wondering if it even began formal.

caleb kindly offered to hang millie and jaeden's coats in a closet, inviting sadie to tag along with him to offer something else.

"it's beautiful in here," millie gasped quietly, still in awe of the elegant paintings encased in the rooms rose and mandarin aroma. it was interrupted by the smell of drugs [most likely weed], and toxic drinks.

jaeden snorted and grabbed her hand roughly, pulling her through the heavy crowd to where the dark cherry oak bar would be found.

as millie's low skinny black heels clicked against the tile, she caught a stare with a certain boy as the girl next to him admired the ceiling design.

finn stuck his hand up slowly with a hesitant smile and waved as if he was going to walk over, his body constantly getting interrupted by the heads of many strangers dancing.
he missed her presence greatly, but denied it.
she missed his everything, and accepted it.

to the best of her ability, millie waved back and it reminded her of some tragical movie where he was the guy she was meant to be with, and this was a foreign love story. but to her understanding, it was false.

finn broke contact by pecking maddie's plump lips while jaeden's arm wrapped around millie's neck, encouraging her to keep walking.

finn sat on a small leather couch in the corner, introducing himself to maddie's friends- one had short blonde hair and the other a deep brunette, lilia was the first with a sweet smile and kind atmosphere.

the second girl was kalani, he wasn't sure what to make of her but nevertheless he was polite. they talked and laughed about the norm, nothing interesting worth remembering.