twenty two; the trial

THE ONE WHERE IT'S GUILTY OR INNOCENT.

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y  T W O ;

third person pov;

p e a c e f u l l y , the blonde girl strolled in a somewhat sweet manner across the dewy morning lawn to make a stop by a dorm. this early hour was the most quiet, students would either be sleeping in or out enjoying a comfortable breakfast with friends.

the moment was in her favor as she saw the boy she was meant to visit leaving his building, noticing his semi-formal wear, he was definitely going somewhere important at nine o'clock.

jogging up beside him she tapped his shoulder, "finn, hi, i gotta question for you!" the boy jumped a bit and the girl shot him an innocent smile with her pearly white teeth.

"uh sure, can it wait... lilia?" finn added her name after remembering it a few seconds later into thought, they only talked a couple times after all.

"i was wondering if you're dating millie?" lilia held back her grin, slicking down her baby blue checkered skirt. "why?" finn replied with minimal amusement, after he posted her picture on his instagram a couple days ago, his friends constantly nagged him.

"becauseee, i wanna go out with you sometime!" she bluffed, observing the boy's gulp. "listen uhhh, lilia, i'm not interested in dating right now," he said, turning her down.

"it's totally okay... where are you going all dressed up? to see her?" she teased, blowing her cover if it wasn't already obvious that she wasn't interested in boys to start off with.

"actually yeah, yeah i am!" finn spat with attitude. "what forrr?" lilia pressed.

"what's your deal?"

"no deal," she responded, fixing her hair.

"her trial against jaeden is today, i'm driving her there as any friend would," he groaned at the last part for the numerous times he had to clarify.

"oh, right! i have to catch my class and shit, thanks!" lilia skipped off in the other direction and swung around a tall building's corner. finn scoffed, nobody had class on a saturday morning.

"all clear," lilia whispered into her wireless headphone, iris now appeared with the matching one in her ear.

"so no luck, they aren't together," lilia concluded, sticking the earbud into iris's back pocket and leaving her hand there. "finally, a chance to be a matchmaker," iris devilishly laughed, pulling lilia's hand out and intertwining it with hers.