eight; then it hit me

THE ONE WHERE FEELINGS CAN'T HIDE.

C H A P T E R E I G H T ;

third person pov;

m e s s y & e x h a u s t e d, the softly defined girl trudged along late dawn alone, barely awake.

opening the classroom door, heat warmed her face pleasantly while she peered around.

her usual partner in crime sat elsewhere today, with the beautiful blonde she was becoming to somehow envy.

turning the other way, contact met with an unfamiliar pair of brown eyes & mischievous hazel ones calling her over.

"little cat lost her mouse? sit next to me, ignore him," the dirty blonde girl pulled out a seat kindly, fixing her waves behind her diamond pierced ears.

"thanks, and it's millie not cat," she replied in a mumble.

"you have a beautiful name, mind giving me your phone number so i can see what else about you is so nice?" the boy to the right of her asked, millie laughed pathetically at him.

"jacob flirts with every girl- god it's so horrible i don't even like boys anymore. lesbian, iris apatow," she introduced as she pulled the chain around millie's neck to view.

"cute necklace, looks familiar," she grinned, silently judging the rest of millie's lazy outfit, iris had killer fashion.

"you're the girl who got sexual with a teacher?" millie questioned, rearranging herself in her seat as her body was aching from soreness.

"honey that's a big rumor- i spread it because i hated him, i'm good at that stuff," she quickly answered, tapping her long mauve coffin shaped nails against the table.

"if you ever need to spread rumors, she's the one," jacob remarked with a spit, then turned away.

"fuck," millie grumbled under her breath, in reference to her subtle pain.

"rough time in the bed last night?" iris whispered into the girl's ear.
"mind your own business, kindly," millie dismissed, and drove her own attention towards the professor.

"good morning, whether you're awake or not our lie detector shit is here today. you will be using it under supervision to fill out section three of your assigned research project..."