twenty eight; playdate

THE ONE WHERE HE BABYSITS.

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y  E I G H T ;

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y E I G H T ;

finn's pov;

a b r u p t l y, i was awake and morning wasn't. my eyes fought the usual war of allowing themselves to see or not, but they quickly did once i realized it was a low cry that disturbed me. more than disturbed me, it sort've, hurt me?

i peaked over millie's body the best i could without touching her, but she was curled up and it didn't let me see if she was okay. "hey, millie?"

she sniffled as an answer, i don't know what to do besides ask again. "mill?" i hold back from hugging, afraid she might start crying harder or i might scare her, no matter how much i want to.

a shaky breath was heard from her pillow, making me wince. "do you wanna talk," i whisper.

nothing, again.

"please don't cry," i mumbled.

"just stop," she whimpered, wrinkling the sheets as she leaves. i watched the outline of her figure in the dark before the light from the hallway crept in, "go to bed finn."

i waited for her to come back, staring up at the ceiling. minutes passed and passed but she still wasn't back next to me. i gave in to the mattress, without realizing, everything was black.

like time froze in my sleep, my eyelids snapped open and i was awake all over again. instantly hitting me was panic, i hoped to see her to my left or right. she wasn't there. scratching the stickiness off my forehead, i peel a pink post it note that displays scribbled hand writing.

good morning finnie,
had to go somewhere with mom.
hope when i come back you're not still sleeping! you're a true disappointment wolfhard.

~ mills
ps; of course you can leave by the way. if you want.

guess we're ignoring last night. i slip out of her cozy bed, throwing the note into the air after. the floor creaks under my feet as i travel down the stairs to leave. "hi finn," ava chirps from the living room, she's playing with a girly little dollhouse.

"helloo ava," i clear my throat from phlegm, "where'd your sister go, it's early." i narrow my eyes on the clock, it was around ten. "don't know," she shrugs and continues to play.

"do you usually stay home by yourself?" i step beside her, "no silly, mom caught you in millie's room this morning." oh joy, guess i'll be babysitting.