eighteen; trouble in paradise

THE ONE WHERE THEY HANG OUT.
[ warning; this chapter includes forms of abuse. ]

C H A P T E R  E I G H T E E N ;

C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N ;

third person pov;

" w h a t  d o  y o u  m e a n it doesn't matter?!" millie screamed with a pounding headache, tears rushing down her skin while she paced her dorm.

"it was just a fucking hookup," jaeden yelled, sticking his finger in her face while he talked. she squeezed her eyes shut, water still managing to drip out from the corners, and slapped his hand away.

"don't fucking TOUCH ME!" jaeden ruthlessly commanded, slamming millie into the wall with unforgiving eyes that held an unknown wrath, chilling enough to harness a raging storm.

she yelped quietly, rubbing her back in attempt to aid the bruises that would later appear. pushing herself off the hard surface, her skin stung in pain.

"it's your fault, you're never enough,"  jaeden growled, now looking out a window as he couldn't bear a glance at her without throwing a punch.

"what do you mean?" she croaked, her aggression turning into confusion. "think. you're not listening to me, you need to be good enough, and shit, you're not cutting it," he replied coldly, balling his fists.

millie gulped, slowly making her way over to him. she was still new to this whole boyfriend thing, but deep down she knew it was jaeden's fault for cheating on her mid-relationship.

but agreeing with him was the easiest way out.

'so it is my fault, i wasn't enough,' was what she had to conclude.

"i can do better," she sniffed, resting a comforting hand on his shoulder. "believe it when i see it," jaeden stated, raising his voice again and digging his claw like nails into her skin before throwing her hand off.

biting her lip and trembling ever so slightly from the throbbing state of ache, millie backed up observing the marks he left. 'try harder,' she scolded in thought.

"i can but-"

"DO YOU FUCKING LOVE ME?!" jaeden snapped his figure around, making her jump.

"y-yes of course," she quickly responded, widening her eyes in uncertainty if he was going to hit her.

real love hurts. right?