nineteen; actions speak

THE ONE WHERE HE CAN'T FIND HER.
[ warning; this chapter includes forms of abuse. you may also need tissues. ]

[ RECAP ]

[ RECAP ]

millie's pov;

i stepped inside the softest i could, unaware that my facial expression was still in an upturn from spending time with finn again.

i slid off my sneakers and went a few steps to be met with a figure sitting on the couch.

i can't move.

"wanna tell me where you went?" jaeden asked.

in my gut, i knew he had the answer.

here we go...

[ ONE WEEK LATER ]

C H A P T E R  N I N E T E E N ;

third person pov;

d r a i n e d , the curly haired boy drifted through another mind frying english class. but his head was somewhere else, had been for the whole day matter of fact.

as the wand of the clock passed its final second, finn got up demonstrating his laziness by his poor posture. grabbing his bag and stuffing his papers inside, he trudged out unaware his girlfriend was chasing after him.

"are you gonna wait for me?" maddie called out from behind, finn paused and let out a long irritated sigh. "jesus, sorry to hold you up," maddie scoffed, slipping her hand into his.

not saying anything, he kept going down the path, his eyes on the winter scenery instead of maddie.

"what's the matter," she asked, annoyed by his stubbornness. "nothing," he replied, sticking his free hand into his empty pocket. "tell me," maddie insisted, raising her eyebrows.

"fine," he lightly tugged on her wrist, directing her to the stairs outside of a lecture hall. maddie crossed her legs, sitting on the step below him.

"it's millie... she's been ignoring all of my calls and texts. i went to her dorm once, no, i don't know five times or whatever and she never answers," finn admitted, rubbing his temple to soothe himself.

maddie, pretending not to be upset about the fact that he never mentioned visiting her (at all), nodded slowly. "maybe she's busy or visiting home?"