twelve; white christmas

THE ONE WHERE IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.

C H A P T E R T W E L V E ;

third person pov;

s w i t c h i n g the channel of the radio, it was useless as endless christmas tunes continued to flow throughout the car.

"look at those elves, dumbasses," sadie snorted, tapping on the passenger seat's window to get their attention, flipping them off.

"that's for charity sadie, they're good people be nice for once," noah retaliated with a huff, shaking his head.

"what're you playing?" maddie asked quietly, sitting next to noah in the backseat. "the stranger things game, i already completed it five times though," he bragged, letting her watch him.

caleb took a sharp turn left as everyone screamed in response, making him laugh. "calm your shit, jesus!" he chuckled, rubbing sadie's leg with his free hand that was off the wheel.

"don't use the lords name in vain!" noah chirped, smiling to himself at his roast that nobody seemed to care about.

turning into the hospital, they parked in the same spot they occupied multiple times. everyone climbed out, grabbing their gift bags and festively wrapped presents from the trunk of caleb's cheap white car.

walking in together, they rubbed their eyes and yawned, still exhausted from the christmas shopping they did together until two in the morning. maddie was starting to become integrated into the friend group, nobody really liked her there, but they figured not to say anything for now.

"where's jaeden? they break up?" noah curiously asked, making the elevator ride loose its peaceful silence. "i haven't seen him around," sadie replied honestly.

"douchebag- don't remind finn though, we all know he's bad enough already," caleb grumbled, as the door dinged telling them they arrived on floor four.

going to the door labeled 411, they tip toed into the room realizing finn was still asleep in the same spot by her bed. maddie sighed observing him, she underestimated how much millie meant to finn.

"okay, put the gifts right on uhm- this chair," caleb whispered, directing them to an empty seat against the wall. they took turns carefully balancing all their gifts onto the small cushion, some for finn and some for millie when she finally wakes up.

making their way around the bed, noah went back on his phone and failed to watch where he was going, causing him to slip over a cord from one of various machines.