thirty two; needs of the heart

A/N:
hi! this chapter is a longer one since i haven't updated in a while, so i suggest double checking that you read the last part or you may be lost. make sure to vote and comment. enjoy. ♡

THE ONE WHERE SHE CHANGED WITHOUT KNOWING.
[ warning; this chapter may be triggering, sensitive subjects. ]

C H A P T E R  T H I R T Y  T W O ;

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y T W O ;

third person pov;

" i t o l d you to leave."

sadie tilted her head in a taunting, angry manner. she wouldn't admit the fear she held even when her face blatantly gave it away; slightly bulged eyes and goosebumps along her skin.

jacob sartorius stood beside jaeden with a straight face, and spoke not a word. nobody was aware that he arrived though, as all of their focus was on jaeden. however, the moonlight didn't forget jacob as it glared a sinister shadow across him, unusually evil.

"i came back to see miss brown," jaeden was clearly cocky tonight, "better than just hearing 'bout her, aye? who'd wanna miss out on all that." his stance was calm, collected, a sly grin always present.

one hand remained inside of his firm leather jacket, the pocket woven to be hidden from wandering eyes. his other hand was draped casually to his side, swinging every once in a while.

millie was unable to take him out of her vision in a mix of shock and speechlessness, and her heart thumped to a beat she hadn't recognized. adrenaline flooded her body, but the energizing component was surely reversed.

fear was tangible. it sucked warm breath from her dry mouth, and tied her stomach like a rope. it even spoke too, an exaggerated warning, 'jaeden would kill you if he got the chance millie, this is it, run.'

however, her heart couldn't be bothered to listen. she drew a shaky arm back to brush an object sticking out underneath her thigh. it was a scary venture to go against her gut, but the deer in the headlights feeling was starting to fade.

the shape was familiar under her finger, she grazed over an indent resting a little ways from the wrapped edge. she pressed the home button of her phone seven times, even when five would suffice.

she swiped left on the screen, engaging emergency call. pushing it lightly under her vision, she'd successfully done it. 911 was on dial, jaeden would soon be out of her life for good. well, so she hoped.

"millie, babe, lets talk," he called out, inching closer like a predator finding its prey.

"take, take one more step and i swear to god, you're dead... DEAD." sadie's eyes burned from the inability to blink, clenching her fist to later wham it into his head.