|36| That's Quite Heroic of You

The morning after they finished the potion, just before sunrise, Adelaide bolted out of bed and straight toward the boys dorm, still wearing her Slytherin Emerald nightgown (she despised the nightgown given to her for Christmas because of the color, but wore it often because it was actually very soft). She flew up the stairs and into the boys dorm without knocking.

"UP UP UP! WE HAVE TO SAY THE INCANTATION! YOU HAVE 2 MINUTES UNTIL SUN UP!" She bellowed, shooting water at them all with her wand...

"ADDY! JUST BECAUSE YOU SAVED OUR LIVES DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BE A DICK!" James screamed grumpily, sputtering out the water that was flung into his face.

"GET UP!" She yelled in his ear, smacking him with a pillow.

The other two dripping Marauders were up, but with eyes drooping closed, James grouchily wrenched himself out of bed, glaring at the little savior. Remus, was in the hospital wing... hopefully. Visiting their furry friend was next on the agenda for the day.

"Amato Animo Animato Animagus"  The four said with the tips of their wands placed over their hearts.

"Can we go back to sleep now?" Peter whined.

"No, we have to go check on Moony." Adelaide said gravely. They were all tired, but they knew she was right. "So you all get dressed and I'll meet you downstairs... and bring the map."

A few minutes later, Adelaide walked into the cozy common room, holding a pirate book Lily gave her and dressed in her green jumper and jean skirt. She made herself at home beside the fire, idly flipping through the book as she awaited the arrival of the others. 

"What's with the snake colors today?" Sirius asked gesturing to her emerald jumper as he made his way down the stairs.

"I have to go home today... figured they might be a little less furious about my 'Acceptable' History of Magic marks if they see me embracing the green." she shrugged standing to meet him.

Sirius made a disgusted face. "Still not a good enough reason to wear that color..." he muttered.

Adelaide gave him a side eyed glance, but ignored the comment.

As the group made their way toward the hospital wing, Adelaide suddenly remembered her conversation with Lily the night before.

"Oh!" She exclaimed. The others looked at her, confusion clouding their sleepy faces. "Um... So...  erm... Lily knows."

"Lily knows lots of things, she got all 'outstandings' on her exams Tufts, you will need to be a tad more specific." James grumbled, still in a terrible mood from being awoken from his beauty sleep.

"Stop being such an arse, Potter." she snipped. "Lily knows about Moony." she said softly addressing the rest of the group.

Sirius ran a hand through his hair in exasperation, muttering curses under his breath. "He's going to be so upset."

The group finally made it to the hospital wing and Sirius knocked on the door, since Madam Pomfrey considered him her little protégé and was least likely to deny him entrance.

The perpetually flustered woman opened the door with an almost expectant look.

"Poppy, can we see Remmy?" Sirius asked, throwing in some puppy dog eyes for good measure.

She pursed her lips, looking them over, then finally agreed to let them in.

They made their way toward the lanky boy with sandy hair and amber eyes who gave them a little smile. Adelaide felt guilt grip her stomach as she saw the bruises on his cheek and his arm in a sling. She knew Poppy would have his arm healed up in time for the train ride late that morning, but she still felt awful for being the one responsible for her friend's pain.