|50| Cat, Dog, Wolf

Once Adelaide and James made it back to the great hall, Adelaide shimmied off of her messy haired friend's back to sit with Mary, Lily, and Marlene for dinner. After they went back up to Gryffindor tower, the other girls stayed downstairs to study/play card games in the common room, whilst Adelaide scurried up to the girls' dorm to take a quick nap before she and Sirius left to help Moony.

She had only been asleep for what felt like five minutes, but in reality was well over an hour, when she felt something shaking her awake... someone...

"Stop it!" she demanded of the mystery person. They persisted in shaking her... so, naturally, she whacked them with a pillow.

"ADDYKINS GET UP!" said a low voice.

Adelaide's eyes flew open in shock, then rested upon the figure of a lanky boy, with curly hair, and grey eyes looking quite unenthused with her being in bed.

"Sirius?! What are you— How did you even get up here?!"

"I turned into Padfoot." he said impatiently. "Now, get up! We have to go! We're going to be late!" He said, trying to drag her out of bed, but eyes wandering around the room he had only ever envisioned for the past two years.

"Go? Go where? Late to what?"

Sirius looked at her incredulously and said, "Moony."

Turns out, this was all he had to say for her to jump out of bed in a panic (without her shoes) and tear down the girls staircase, which turned into a slide halfway down, thanks to Sirius.

"Arraaagghh!" she screamed as she fell on her bum. "You did that on purpose..." she grumbled.

"Meh... You deserved it." Sirius shrugged with a smirk as they raced each other out the common room, and down the grand staircase.

"Merlin's baggy Y fronts... I forgot my damn shoes..."

Sirius held out a pair of trainers in front of her face. "You're welcome."

"Thank you! So, do we have a plan or something going in there? How are we going to even do this?" Adelaide asked in hushed tones as they crept through the castle.

Sirius looked unfazed. "I figured we'd just wing it. But we should probably transform once we get outside."

Adelaide nodded... then grimaced, looking down to her bare feet. "Sounds good to me, but um can we stop for a second? I need to put these on... I think I just stepped on some leftover gum from that prank we did the other day on peeves."

Sirius chuckled as she sat on the floor to slip on her shoes. "You didn't happen to grab any socks did you?" she asked hopefully.

"Nope, sorry Ads."

"Ughh it's fine..." she muttered, squeezing her foot into the shoe.

"Why don't you just conjure some socks?"

"I don't know how." said Adelaide, trying to scape the gunk on the sole of her other foot.

"Are you telling me you can conjure multiple flocks of living, breathing, birds to attack us during breakfast, but you can't make yourself some damn socks?"

Adelaide smirked. "I only learn the useless spells. You should really know these things by now, Padfoot."

"Ah yes, of course. My most sincere apologies Miss Tufts." He smirked back.

"What do you two think you're doing out and about the castle at this time of night?" drawled seventh year, Slytherin prefect, Lucius Malfoy.

"Putting my shoes on." Adelaide deadpanned, looking up to the boy, then looking back down to finish tying her laces.