|64| You Fancy Amelia!

Adelaide ran up to her dorm, furiously wiping away tears. It seemed that Mary was gone, along with all the other girls. She figured they were at the library or something, and went to the bathroom to wash her face and try to compose herself.

The girl looking back at her was pale, with puffy bloodshot forest green eyes, tear stained cheeks, and little tear drops still clinging to her nearly white eyelashes. 'Cute.' she said wryly to herself. She decided a face wash would not cut it, and instead took a quick shower, in hopes of washing away all the unpleasantness of the afternoon... but it didn't work. She smelled better, but she was just as upset and in need of Mary's advice and uplifting presence as she was before.

As Adelaide made her way back into the dorm from the bathroom, she heard the muffled sounds of a disgruntled Lily Evans.

"Ads... There's a dog on your bed." Lily said slowly, sending a disapproving look at the dog she knew to be Sirius. "You know he really shouldn't— Oh Addy! Have you been crying?!" she asked, suddenly going into caretaker mode.

Adelaide looked at the dog who was now giving her the most heart-breaking puppy dog eyes imaginable.

She really couldn't handle talking to him or Lily right now; She just wanted to see Mary. "Where's the damn map Pads?" she spat. Sirius looked between her and Lily (who was highly confused) a few times. "WHERE IS IT!?"

Sirius morphed into his human form. "It's in James's trunk— Addykins please just listen, I'm really sorry—"

"Shut up." she snapped. "And get out of here before anyone else get's back." she said leaving the room in a huff, marching back toward the last place she wanted to be at that very moment.

She climbed the stairs to the boys dorm, knocked a few times then moved to open the handle... but it was locked. "OPEN UP!" she hollered, banging her fist on the door. "I SAID OPEN UP!"

James creaked the door open just enough for her to see his bespectacled face. "Um... we're in the middle of a situation here... Maybe if you come back later—"

Adelaide ignored him, and pushed her way past and toward his trunk... not even noticing Remus sniffling with puffy eyes looking at her guiltily.

"Where the hell are you Mary..." she muttered to herself, looking for the willowy witch's spot on the map. "What the..."

Mary was with Evan. Just Evan.

"UGH! REALLY EVAN!? YOU CHOOSE NOW TO ASK HER, YOU IDIOT!" she exclaimed, throwing the parchment down in frustration and letting out a yell, to express her extreme displeasure at her current state of affairs, leaning against the trunk as she did so.

"A-addy... I'm s-so sorry..." A miserable voice said from the direction of Remus's bed. "I am so so so sorry! I shouldn't have been so mean to you! I was just as much a part of it all! I even told Jack to ask someone else. I'm so sorry Addy! I don't know why I s-said it! Please forgive me!"

James shot him a look; Remus had literally just confessed to him why he said it.

Adelaide looked at him, then slowly got up. Her heart broke seeing him like that. All she wanted to do was run up and squeeze him and say everything was fine. But it wasn't fine. 

Yes, he told her the truth, but he was also incredibly hurtful and rude in the process. He was one of the only people who knew how torn she was about liking her best friend, and she hoped he would be happy and supportive that things were starting to work themselves out. But instead he seemed angry by the whole idea.

So instead of immediately forgiving him, she shoved her feelings deep down into the unfathomable depths of her heart, and felt her face harden into a mask of emotionlessness. "I'm not saying I won't forgive you eventually Remus, but for now I need some time to think things over." she said in a much too calm and emotionless voice, before walking out the room.