|87| Sanctimonious Salazar!

"For the last time, Padfoot, I'm not charming you a damn mustache!" Adelaide said in exasperation as they neared the great hall one morning in February.

It had been several weeks since McGonagall made Adelaide speak to Madam Pomfrey about her sleep troubles, and while her nightmares had not ended entirely, they were far less frequent; and though she still got worked up from time to time when her mind wandered, trying to make sense of the horrors she witnessed, she was able to take the calming droughts stashed in her book bag and regain her composure.

All things considered, it seemed that life was finally getting back to normal... Instead of worrying about the horribly traumatic events of her past, she was able to focus on other, more important matters, such as Sirius's new found determination to grow a mustache... Problem was, he couldn't actually grow a mustache the natural way yet, so he needed Adelaide to charm him one.

"Oh come on, Addy! Please?!" he asked for what felt like the thousandth time that weekend, stooping down lower and looking up behind his lashes to give her great big pitiful puppy dog eyes. He could have easily asked someone else to do it, but she was the only one he trusted with a spell that close to his gorgeous face.

"Stop that." Adelaide said, unceremoniously pushing his face away with her hand and continuing on toward breakfast.

"Please, Addykins! I'll do your Potions homework for a month— two months!"

"I already said no."

"Aw, come on, Ads! He's been talking about it for ages!" James whined. "and he could totally pull it off! Look at that bone structure!"

Peter nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! I think it'd look cool!"

Remus shook his head at his idiot friends. "Why can't you all just accept that she said no?"

"Thank you, Remmy." Adelaide said pointedly as they approached an impatient looking girl with honey blonde hair. "Woah! Merlin, Marls... you look...uh... nice..." Adelaide said awkwardly. Marlene was dressed in a rather low cut shirt, tight jeans, had her hair curled and flouncy, with a full face of make up. Quite the look for a lazy Saturday morning... it wasn't even a Hogsmede weekend.

Marlene frowned, looking down at her ensemble in slight disappointment. "I was going for hot..."

"Y-you definitely look hot." Peter said instantly, face red as a tomato, eyes wide a saucers and practically drooling.

Marlene ignored him.

"What's got you all dressed up, Marls?" Sirius asked, arm unconsciously snaking around Adelaide's waist.

"I think 'who' would be the better question..." James sniggered.

"Can't a girl get dolled up just for the fun of it?" Marlene said innocently. Adelaide crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow. Marlene let out a loud breath and rolled her eyes. "The reason doesn't matter."

Adelaide heavily suspected that this new look of hers had something to do with her ongoing revenge plot against Amos, who happened to be snogging a new girl as of late—fellow Hufflepuff, Erin McDougal. However, Adelaide was much too hungry that morning to really push the matter further. "Well... you have fun with that, I've got a hot date with a gorgeous bowl of oatmeal that I'd really rather not be late to—"

"Yeah, she needs her strength to charm a mustache on me later!" Sirius grinned.

Marlene tilted her head, looking at his face thoughtfully. "You'd look good with a mustache—"

"No! No he wouldn't! Let's go, Pads!" Adelaide said a forcefully, pulling him into the hall, followed soon after by the other boys,

"Wait! Potter, can I talk to you for a second?" Marlene asked. James shrugged and stayed behind with the blonde, figuring she had a question about their big transfiguration paper due that Monday.