|66| Anything For You

Sirius returned to the boys' dorm from his day at Hogsmeade with Adelaide in a particularly good mood. Not only did they have front row seats to watch Mary and Evan's awkwardness, but they also visited several other shops along the way. They stopped at Honeydukes, Zonkos Joke Shop, Dervish and Banges, and Gladrags Wizardwear (where Adelaide snuck off to buy herself a purple headband when he wasn't looking). There was even a brief, wonderful moment in Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop when Adelaide grabbed his hand when she led him to see some big blue quill she was obsessed with... which he later bought for her.

However, Sirius could tell that his particularly good mood was about to end just by the smug look on James Potter's face.

"So, did you and Addykins have a nice date?" James smirked.

"It was not a date." He said rolling his eyes, but failing to stifle a smile as he looked around the otherwise empty dorm room. "Where are the others?"

"Remus and Lily are helping Peter with his Potions assignment downstairs," James said quickly with an impatient wave. "but don't try to change the subject Padfoot! I really am interested in how your date went."

"It wasn't a date!" Sirius insisted.

"Did you or did you not ask Addy to go to Hogsmeade with you... just you?"

"Well yes, but it wasn't like that! We were just spying on Mary and Evan!"

"But you weren't spying when you stopped at Honeydukes to get her that caramel popcorn..."

"She needed a snack and it's one of her favorites... Besides, you know how cranky she gets when she's hungry! There was no way I was about to spend a full day of stalking with a hangry Addy!"

"...well couldn't she have bought her own snack?" James smirked.

Sirius realized he and the others must have been spying on them and let out an annoyed huff, sitting upon his bed to take off his shoes. "It was my idea to get the popcorn, so I paid for it. Besides, I ate some too."

James was becoming more and more amused the more Sirius became annoyed. "What about all those other places... and the quill you bought her."

"She wanted to look around! We had lost Mary and Evan by that point anyway." Sirius grumbled. "and who cares if I got her something?! You buy her dung bombs all the time!"

"That's different. I buy everyone dung bombs. It's how I show that I care." James said crossing his arms over his chest. "But how about your drinks at the three broomsticks?"

"I—well, it was more expedient to just pay for both of us!"

James's smirked widened. "Sounds like a date to me..."

"It wasn't!" Sirius said, throwing a stinky sock toward James.

"And don't even get me started on the amount of flirting and handholding going on..."

"We— okay fine I'll give you that one. But the handholding wasn't what you think it was—"

"Oh I think it was exactly what I think it was considering the fact that you're in love with her!" James teased, dodging Sirius's other smelly sock.

"I am not in love with her!" Sirius said frustratedly. "And it wasn't a date!"

"IT WAS A DATE!" James sang loudly, standing upon his bed with his arms outstretched.

Sirius pointed his wand and wordlessly jinxed James's pillows into ducks.

"AAHHHGGG"

James, startled by the the feathered creatures now pecking at his toes, fell off the bed with a heavy thunk, then tried to wrestle his glasses out of the bill of a particularly feisty duck whilst Sirius cackled. "I will not — be—  intimidated by these— feathered— beasts!"