|77| I Don't Hate Him

It was a drizzly and disgusting Tuesday in early October, but that didn't stop Captain Blake Wood from going full steam ahead with Gryffindor Quidditch trials. It was almost a sure thing that Adelaide would make it onto the team this year after her success the year before, but for the sake of fairness, she still had to try out like everyone else.

The petite Gryffindor fourth year stood on the muddy field alongside her fellow chaser hopefuls and tied her long pale blonde hair up into a sad, wilted ponytail. The warming charm was helpful, but she still felt like a drowning cat. Looking out to the stands, she felt herself smile seeing her dramatic boyfriend holding a sign that had "GO ADDY THE BAD ASSY!" written in glowing crimson letters, standing alongside Mary, Lily, Remus, and Peter.

"Alright, you can do this Ads!" grinned the energetic gangly boy stretching beside her.

She rolled her eyes at his enthusiasm. "I know I can. I really don't need a pep talk—"

"Well too bad! You're getting one anyway!" James cheered, smiling aggressively. "It is my job as your best friend and—"

"—Really James, you're messing with my focus—"

"—honorary big brother to instill confidence in you, my honorary little sister, in your time of greatest need." he said importantly.

"James. Please. Just shut up and leave me alone."

"Remember you are a big ass— uh...um... bad ass chaser—"

"Prongs, I'm warning you..."

"—All you have to do is focus on the Quaffle—the Quaffle is you, you are the Quaffle— be one with the Quaffle—"

"This Quaffle is going to be one with your face if you don't shut up." Adelaide threatened through her teeth as she lifted said Quaffle in her hand.

James gulped. "Alright, mission accomplished... see you in the air." he muttered quickly, kicking off and shooting straight up to the sky above.

"Oi, Ads! How you holding up after all that nonsense yesterday?" asked fellow Chaser hopeful, Jack Middleton, as they waited to try their luck at shooting penalty shots.

Adelaide grinned. "Well enough to prank Avery this morning." she said happily, thinking back to Micheal Avery waddling around as a goose in a top hat between classes. It wasn't quite as satisfying since Remus was the one to cast the spell (the boys were afraid she'd get carried away), but it was better than nothing.

"I saw that," he said letting out a hearty laugh, dodging a stray bludger from one of the uncoordinated second years trying out for beater. "I also heard Sirius switched his shampoo with glue..." he smirked. "If you ever need any help, feel free to let me know... I can't stand that guy—"

"Actually! There's something I did want to run by you, but it's not about—"

"LP! YOU'RE UP!" called Wood.

Giving a 'we will continue this conversation later' look to Jack, Adelaide flew to her position and threw three perfect shots one after the other. She blushed as she listened to Sirius scream his head off in the stands. "YES! PERFECT! YOU SEE THAT BAD ASS OUT THERE?! YEAH, THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND!"

"You have quite the fan base..." Jack smirked as she returned to his side, watching James fly up to do his throws.

"Just wait for it..." she said, holding up a hand, eyes on the curly headed boy .

James threw three flawless shots through the rungs and Sirius's voice rang through the air once again. "YES! SPECTACULAR PRONGSY! YOU SEE THAT BEAUTIFUL HUNK OF WIZARD OUT THERE?! THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!" he screamed, pointing toward James, jumping up and down as James blew him a kiss.