|52| Warning: Dung Brained Idiot

Adelaide stared at the newly posted team roster in shock. The only thing running through her mind was, 'What did I do wrong?'.

"ALTERNATE? ALTERNATE!!!??? THAT —NO GOOD— STEAMING PILE OF—  HIPPOGRIFF SHIT! THAT PRIDEFUL— HALF WITTED— SON OF A TROLL— SHE WORKED TOO DAMN HARD FOR A PRICK LIKE HIM TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO HER!"

"Mate, you're right, but you've got to calm down—" James tried to reason, though utterly shocked by both the roster and his friend's outrage.

"NO! I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS! SO HELP ME PRONGS, I'M GOING TO HEX HIM INTO THE NEXT CENTURY! I'M GOING TO PRANK HIM SO BRUTALLY THAT HE WILL BE BEGGING FOR MERCY!" He roared, trying to fight his way through James and Peter's arms toward cowardly Blake Wood, who was currently attempting to run out of the common room at full speed; trying to get as far away from the angry third year as possible.

"DON'T YOU DARE RUN AWAY— YOU RUDDY COWARD! SHE DESERVES TO KNOW WHY YOU WOULD MAKE SUCH AN IDIOTIC DECISION!" Mary bellowed, now being held back by Lily and Marlene. "YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK YOU DUNG BRAINED COWARDLY EXCUSE FOR A GRYFFINDOR!"

"Addykins, let's just skip Herbology today." Sirius said in forced calmness, pulling her away from the raging Remus Lupin and Mary McDonald, and shoving his own righteous fury deep deep down within him. "We can take the tunnel to Honeyduke's and get you some of those sour sugar quills you like, then make it back in time for you to go to Ancient Runes."

Adelaide shook her head absently, still much too preoccupied with wondering what she could have possibly done wrong... Blair Wood, Blake's fourth year little sister, only made half the shots she threw, and she nearly fell off her broom trying to do the loop during the route formation...

"— sure? Addy? Did you hear what I said?"

Adelaide turned to face the grey eyes of her concerned best friend. Then blinked. "What?"

"I asked if you were sure about not sneaking to Hogsmeade and skipping Herbology." Sirius said slowly, trying to gage her emotionless face. She seemed completely bemused, which he supposed was better than being furious like Loony Moony and Mary, or even himself.

"No, I should go to class." She said nodding to herself.

Her eyes scanned over the common room, past the outrage of her friends, to see the sneering judgmental looks from those in other years. She quickly realized how ungrateful she must've seemed.

"You guys... I still sort of made the team though..." Adelaide said hesitantly, holding back the tears that she very much wanted to shed, and pulling her lips into a smile. "I-I mean it could be — w-worse..." her voice cracked, betraying her.

Sirius frowned leaning closer to whisper to her. "Addykins. It's okay to be upset about this."

"I know. But— I can't be upset about it in front of everyone. I don't want people to think I'm being a spoiled brat." she whispered back, voice shaking a little.

"Who cares what they think!?"

Adelaide gave him a desperate look. "I do." she whispered. "You know I do."

Sirius would never understand why the opinions of people other than her friends could ever matter that much to her, but nodded nonetheless. "Why don't we just go to Hogsmeade, then you can be upset without everyone around... and get a free butterbeer from yours truly." He winked, determined to make her smile again.

Adelaide laughed despite her sadness. "Okay, fine. But I really do need to be back before Ancient Runes. James and I are planning to tie Snivellus's shoes together today."