Chapter 4: Jealous

MARK flinched. He turned his head and saw a girl that he doesn't know whom but suddenly already sitting beside him.

"But if you think about it again, it seems like parts of the reason actually because of you," commented Hyunji.

Mark frowned, "I don't know you but... what did you say? My fault? Just because I don't have enough time for her then is that alright for her to leave me?"

Hyunji smirked, "Just because? You have no time for her. That's a really clear and strong reason actually."

"But... but she never tells me before! She should tell me then if I'm not doing well enough. I can fix that!"

"How you know she never tells you before? Maybe you just too busy to give your little time to listen to her words? Maybe she's about to tell you but you ignore her?"

"I... I..." Mark stuttered.

He then realize that he rarely able to spend even his little time for her in a day. His live as an idol just too pack that he barely able to have personal time. After his schedule finished for that day he will quickly fall asleep as he just too tired to do anything else.

"She's a girl. A girl that need attention and love. When there's some other guy that come to her and give her the things that her boyfriend couldn't give so what should she waiting for? Why should she suffered for a guy that didn't even know that she's in pain? Why should she hold herself for a guy that didn't even know that she need someone to talk to? Why should she suffered alone for this one guy when there's other guy that cherish her?"

Mark slowly lowered his head, "Well... I think you're right. It's my fault. I'm the one that abandon her. I thought she's a strong-hearted girl and not really bother if I couldn't make time for her but I'm wrong. She just... a normal girl. It must be hard for her to hold it alone for this two years. She's a kind girl. I'm the one that too stupid for treat her like that. How foolish am I..."

"Whatever it is... your girlfriend now already left you to be with other guy. The girl that you loved with all your heart now is gone. You must be really hurt inside," told Hyunji.

Mark's eyebrow raised, "Are you make fun of me or..."

"I'm so jealous of you."

Mark flinched, "I'm sorry?"

Hyunji smiled, "You can freely frustrated because you break up with your girlfriend. You have the right to feel sad, mad and disappoint because your girlfriend left you. I'm jealous of that."

He let out disbelief laugh, "What do you mean by jealous of me?"

Hyunji just stay silent and not answering his question.

"What's wrong with this girl? Is she drunk? Am I... actually consoled by a drunk girl?" mumbled Mark as he realize that girl's face actually red and he could even smelled the soju's smell. That girl just look in front like her soul not inside her body at the moment.

"I should leave then..." whispered Mark as he afraid that girl might suddenly act crazy later.

Mark just about to walk away when suddenly Hyunji said, "My 17 years crush is going to marry other girl."

Mark turned his head. Hyunji was not looking at him. She smiled with her half-closed eyes.

"He kneel down, opened the little box with diamond ring in it and said 'Will you marry me?' to her." Hyunji chuckled before continued, "I never know those beautiful sentence that dream by all girls can be that painful. I feel like thousands of needles suddenly attacked my chest. It hurts like crazy."

Mark slowly sat again beside her.

"You know what... he's my best friend since I was 5 and I got crush on him since the first day we met. He's so charming, dependable and kind even as the 5 years old kid. He's my neighbor that living beside my house. I really close with him as we went to the same elementary, middle and high school but we're getting distance when we studied at different university. I felt lose when I don't see his face in one day. I only can see his face through SNS.

"He also really busy in his university as he rarely come back home but whenever I home and see his house, my heart feel calm as if I see his face. When I know he's home I will feel really excited. But only by looking at his house and car, my heart can be at ease. Whenever I come home I will look at his house first before my own house. It just... make me calm and happy with no reason."

Mark just silently listen to Hyunji.

"But... when he's proposing that girl, my hands were shivering. The guy that I loved since I was child, the guy that I miss everyday, the guy that I dream will propose me exactly like that, the guy that I dream to be his bride, the guy that I dream to be the father of my kids and getting older together... is going to marry other girl."

Hyunji chuckled. Mark stared at her face but he didn't say anything.

"I can do nothing. I don't have right to be mad as he's not boyfriend. He never tells me that he loves me. I never confess to him. I cannot freely show that I got heartbroken as no one know that I still have feeling towards him. No one knows my feelings towards him. I pretended to be excited and happy for him while telling people his marriage news even that hurt me a lot. I can't tell anyone that I still have feeling towards him like since 17 years ago because... because.... I don't want to admit that I'm a loser."

Hyunji suddenly feels her tears falling down. She wipe her tears before look at it, "Ah... I'm crying?"

Mark looked at her. She's crying but her lips smiling.

"This is the first time I cry since that day. I thought I really strong that I'm not crying at all when... when he's proposing that girl right in front of my eyes!" Hyunji suddenly cried harder.

"Yah... keep calm..." Mark suddenly confused and panicked with Hyunji's sudden change.

"My heart breaks apart when I step out from my house and see his house. My heart crushed when I meet his family that also my neighbor. My heart feels like going to explode when I see his face. How can I bare all of that when he's living right beside my house and I can't ran away from him?!" whining Hyunji as her tears falling like crazy.

Mark that feeling sorry to that girl took out his handkerchief before give it to that girl. Hyunji took it before blew her nose to it.

Mark really didn't know what to say to console that girl, "Just... just keep calm for now."

"I feel like want to die..."

Hyunji sobbed before suddenly her head fall and lay right in Mark's chest. Mark froze.

"What now? Is she stop crying? Or... is she really dying?" asked Mark to himself after 20 seconds that girl not moving anymore.

Suddenly he heard to the soft snore, "She's sleeping?!"

Mark let out disbelief laugh, "I'm supposed to be in a heartbroken state and deadly sad because of my girlfriend just cheat on me BUT! How come suddenly it turned out to be I'm the one that should handle a heartbroken girl that lose her 17 years crush?"

Mark sighed, "So now what am I supposed to do now? I don't even know where this girl lived or..."

Mark then realized that girl brought a handbag. He looked around as no one there at that moment but then he snapped, "Why should I'm afraid? I just want to see her identity card. It's not like I'm going to steal her money or something, right?"

He took out that girl's purse before look at her identity card, "Oh, why I feel like the address kind of familiar? Seo Hyunji? Seo..." Mark's eyes suddenly turned wider when he looks at the family photo behind her identity card.

"Oh my God..."